Split Screen

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Go to recents. Find one of the 2 apps you want to run. Tap the icon at the top and select Split Screen. Find the other one and tap it. Now they're both showing.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I just don't like the fact that you can't swap the split screen apps top to bottom like before by just tapping the split bar and picking swap. You have to go back to recent and pick the other app 1st and then the second one just to swap their positions.
It's only a downgrade if you don't feel like taking a few moments to get used to the new system - seems pretty simple to me! I'm actually in it right now with my email at the top!

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I just don't like the fact that you can't swap the split screen apps top to bottom like before by just tapping the split bar and picking swap. You have to go back to recent and pick the other app 1st and then the second one just to swap their positions.
Samsung this time decided to not modify Google's design in some areas yet. We'll just have to wait for further updates. OneUI isn't finished yet. They posted about feedback they received and said they'd be launching updates addressing those.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Samsung this time decided to not modify Google's design in some areas yet. We'll just have to wait for further updates. OneUI isn't finished yet. They posted about feedback they received and said they'd be launching updates addressing those.

I think your right ...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I do prefer the old way , but like Jim said just do little more tapping to access it .

Hollywoodin2001

Dec 26, 2018
Visit site

Calling pie anything other than a downgrade with respect to the split screen and recents features is pure hucksterism.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Good news, the goodLock app has updated to work with pie and the multiStar it fixes the issues I had with the way split screen worked on pie. 20190308_125346.jpeg

Gdp57

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
After Pie update I figured out split screen, but today none of apps have split screen option. Only pop up option. Anyone know why?

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2016
Visit site
Go to recents. Find one of the 2 apps you want to run. Tap the icon at the top and select Split Screen. Find the other one and tap it. Now they're both showing.

Thanks. I'm not sure I would have ever found that menu.

Does anyone know what the "Lock this app" option does?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Stop using Good Lock and option reappeared. Thanks.
With good lock you just hold the thumbnail on recents, then it will show you the options.
c1b94fe645dd33f14cc95cc85a52db57.jpg