Alarm set?

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
So apparently I have an alarm set. The problem is that I didn't set one. I've looked everywhere to turn it off to no avail. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 553.jpg
    553.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 18

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Also, some third party apps manage to put their alarm icon on the right side of the status bar where only system ones should show up. We have seen different threads about this same issue and the usual culprits are calendars, notes, to-do-list or even health tracking apps.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
It did not. I've went through so many app settings that I'm running out of ideas.
You can try safe mode. If the alarm icon disappears it means the cause is a third party app and you need to keep digging, if it's still there then you need to focus on the stock settings and preinstalled apps.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I booted into safe mode and no alarm symbol. I turned safe mode off and the symbol is still gone. I rebooted last night and the same thing happened, but the symbol came back later on.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I booted into safe mode and no alarm symbol. I turned safe mode off and the symbol is still gone. I rebooted last night and the same thing happened, but the symbol came back later on.
That means the culprit is a third party app and, most likely, the icon will be back after a while when the app starts in the background.

There's something you can do to narrow the search. Make sure you have the developer options enabled and when the icon is back see what's listed under Running Services. Also, check the memory usage screen and see which apps show up that you didn't open.

rhsortho

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
I've had the exact same issue last week. I had tried clearing cache, and other suggestions mentioned here. was not able to get rid of it. I just let the alarm time pass, and after that there was another set. let that one pass too. was fine for a week, then this morning there's another set for 12:33pm today. can't figure it out....

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
So apparently I have an alarm set. The problem is that I didn't set one. I've looked everywhere to turn it off to no avail. Any ideas?

For heaven sakes.....I have this same issue that started last night lol. I checked everything I could but nothing worked except shutting off phone and then turning it back on. Then hour or so later I noticed it was there again. Then I shut phone off and on again and it been gone since. Hope it stay gone. Cause I'm a grouch when get woken up when not supposed to and have no clue if it would go off or not lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781