Pie Update and Bluetooth Issue

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Anyone that swaps Sims often have you noticed your saved Bluetooth Devices disappearing? I've swapped my sim twice since the update and every time I have to re-pair all my devices. Super annoying. I hope I'm not the only one.

Last edited:

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's happened to me twice so far for seemingly no reason other than a restart. Luckily it lets me re-pair it with my watch without having the reset it, so not a big deal, but still peculiar.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same issue. It seems possible that it's related to a restart but I'm uncertain.

I have lost my Bluetooth paring twice now. It's like a complete reset of the Bluetooth. I have three items paired and all connect just about every day (watch, headset, and truck). They all pair back up without issue fortunately.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
It's happened to me twice so far for seemingly no reason other than a restart. Luckily it lets me re-pair it with my watch without having the reset it, so not a big deal, but still peculiar.
I'm experiencing the same issue. It seems possible that it's related to a restart but I'm uncertain.

I have lost my Bluetooth paring twice now. It's like a complete reset of the Bluetooth. I have three items paired and all connect just about every day (watch, headset, and truck). They all pair back up without issue fortunately.
Yeah same here. The pairing process is quick especially with my watch, thank goodness I don't have to reset my watch.

Malenfant#AC

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah same here. The pairing process is quick especially with my watch, thank goodness I don't have to reset my watch.
Count me in on this issue. It's pretty annoying. I can tell something is up when my gear S3 starts spamming me with messages that it is connected to bluetooth. Then if I open up the galaxy wearable app it acts add though my watch wasn't paired. I also have to re-pair in my car quite often.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Count me in on this issue. It's pretty annoying. I can tell something is up when my gear S3 starts spamming me with messages that it is connected to bluetooth. Then if I open up the galaxy wearable app it acts add though my watch wasn't paired. I also have to re-pair in my car quite often.
Glad to hear that there are others having this issue.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I've swapped SIMs twice since Pie (not on a Samsung, though), and that didn't change anything in Bluetooth. Upgrading from Oreo to Pie did - I had to delete and re-pair everything.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I had it happen over the weekend. When I turned on my headphones or got in my car, it popped up the pairing message on the phone and it connected.

Sim won't affect Bluetooth connections, that is built into the phone and OS.

t-woody

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I haven't swapped Sims, but ever since One UI update, by phone keeps losing Bluetooth pairing with my car.

This happens to me all the time! I wasn't sure if it was the crappy Sync technology from Ford, or the device... happened with the Pixel 2XL also.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This is the kind of issue I read about that makes me wish to keep Oreo if I buy a Note 9. I think it is $300 off unlocked 512 version at Best Buy so I am sorely tempted.

This been happening on oreo also bluetooth issues not just pie

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
This been happening on oreo also bluetooth issues not just pie
Hmmm If I wait for Note 10 that's a year for me because I like to wait for discount but I could always return it. I'm at BB now checking out N9 again. The S10+ offers me nothing but the 855 chip & ear pods.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hmmm If I wait for Note 10 that's a year for me because I like to wait for discount but I could always return it. I'm at BB now checking out N9 again. The S10+ offers me nothing but the 855 chip & ear pods.

So which way your going to go?
Do they have deals on the note 9?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy