I remember I ran into this before and solved it now I don't remember how.

When using Excel and choose save as one of the choices (bottom one) is to browse to save to Drive. Instead it goes to downloads
    If I navigate to Drive it won't let me save there. I swear it was some simple setting in Drive that allows this but I cannot find it.

Can someone help me out?

Thanks!
    03-04-2019 12:52 AM
    I remember I ran into this before and solved it now I don't remember how.

When using Excel and choose save as one of the choices (bottom one) is to browse to save to Drive. Instead it goes to downloads
    If I navigate to Drive it won't let me save there. I swear it was some simple setting in Drive that allows this but I cannot find it.

Can someone help me out?

Thanks!
    You cant long press that file and choose to share to Google drive?
    03-04-2019 01:01 AM
    You cant long press that file and choose to share to Google drive?
    Probably but on all my other android devices I can choose save as then select browse (bottom choice) it it takes me to drive where I save the file rather than the extra step of an upload.

I did a factory reset on my V20 and ran into the same issue and somehow I fixed it. Now I don't remember what I did and it's driving me crazy. It's got to be a permission or setting. I have enabled all permissions in excel, one drive, and drive but no luck. Someone has figured this out since I did. Just don't remember
    03-04-2019 01:28 AM
    I found it. I knew it was simple. I I did save as then browse then Google drive I then had to click on my drive. DUH
    mustang7757 likes this.
    03-04-2019 01:46 AM
    cool , glad you figured it out.
    03-04-2019 09:19 AM
    cool , glad you figured it out.
    I had the same issue on my Note 9 with a different solution. I had to clear cache in Drive settings.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    03-13-2019 11:43 AM
    I had the same issue on my Note 9 with a different solution. I had to clear cache in Drive settings.
    Good tip
    03-13-2019 11:45 AM
    Got the same darn problem back. Clearing cache didn't work and it is set to my drive. I can upload to google drive but I cannot choose save as from within doc then choose cloud then google drive. I keep getting error cannot copy file at this time. Try again later.

One person suggested giving office permission to save to drive but I have no idea how to do that. One Drive and Google drive both have permission to access storage. I don't know how I would give Office permission to save to Google drive.

This should just work. I can save to one drive or save to internal memory but not to google drive. When I try the doc appears in google drive but 0bytes and if course won't open.
    08-12-2019 05:07 PM
    Now this is weird. I just tried the same thing on my old v20. It has the older versions of office and google drive but always worked in the past so permissions etc must be ok. Got the exact same error.
    08-12-2019 08:42 PM
    Got it to work today. Absolutely no changes but now it works. Who knows if it will work tomorrow.
    09-04-2019 04:32 PM