My app keep getting killed every 8- 12 hours

Katori142

Mar 4, 2019
Visit site
Hello everyone, i am new here. I am using galaxy note 9 global version and facing this issue after having my phone updated to one ui- android 9. My apps keep getting removed from Recently list frequently. Every 8- 12 hours of inactivity. For example. If now i open Dialer then hit home to exit, about ~ 8 hours later it will disappear from recently list and i have to re-open it again. It happens to every apps and very annoying for a high end phone with 6gb of ram. It NEVER happened with android 8 before. I have tried every tips i found on google. Turn off auto optimization. Turn off adaptive battery turn off optimize setting. Disable everything i can about "battery optimization " in device care tool but my app still getting killed for no reason .
Is any note 9 owner here having the same issue with me and know any fix for it please share. Thank you in advance. :D

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I never noticed it before, but you're right. I upgraded top Pie on Saturday and should have a ton of recently open apps. Even though I did swipe up a few to try that out, I only did a few.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
What does "lock app" do? Will that lock it to the recent app? I tried my email and it didn't require a password, so it's not a security lock. I've been trying to search this, but can't find something. I locked AC app and another one I rarely , and will test it out.

Attachments

• 4110.jpg
    4110.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 50

Katori142

Mar 4, 2019
Visit site
Thank you for your respond. I tried lock app feature before. It just prevents app from being cleaned when tapping the " close all app" button. It does nothing about this issue :( apps still get ripped off

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your respond. I tried lock app feature before. It just prevents app from being cleaned when tapping the " close all app" button. It does nothing about this issue :( apps still get ripped off

It's gone. This seems like a step backward.

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Same issue here after upgrading to OneUI. Recent apps are being cleared despite all optimization and battery-saving related options disabled, and power mode set to high performance. Despite being disabled, the description for Auto Optimization seems to explain this behavior, yet the apps are cleared throughout the day rather than at a set time, like 3:00AM.

I should note that I typically only keep four apps in recents, but that number is reduced to the last-used one or two. This is driving me nuts!

Katori142

Mar 4, 2019
Visit site
Thank you guy for your information. Turn out it is part of Pie update and it is very annoying and unnecessary. Who wanna close every app instead of keeping them in background for quickly access on the next use. It is 2019 with 6 gb ram. Not 2011 with 512mb ram. :( i have no idea why is google and Samsung forcing us to stick with this crap feature on their flagship. :(( hopefully they will fix it in the next update.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Thank you guy for your information. Turn out it is part of Pie update and it is very annoying and unnecessary. Who wanna close every app instead of keeping them in background for quickly access on the next use. It is 2019 with 6 gb ram. Not 2011 with 512mb ram. :( i have no idea why is google and Samsung forcing us to stick with this crap feature on their flagship. :(( hopefully they will fix it in the next update.

It's not going away. This is part of the adaptive battery system. It assumes that if you haven't used an app for 8 hours (though, most likely less than that), that it's okay to close it to save power.

Paul Ayres

May 26, 2015
Visit site
I just got a new note 9 today it's on one ui and my recent apps close over night .I've tried everything and even factory reset there must be a fix.is this the case for every note 9 user on pie one ui?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I just got a new note 9 today it's on one ui and my recent apps close over night .I've tried everything and even factory reset there must be a fix.is this the case for every note 9 user on pie one ui?
Do you have the phone to optimize at a certain time ? Like in device care it could be set to restart your phone at a certain time and maybe that's your issue.

Paul Ayres

May 26, 2015
Visit site
This is a post I made on xda and got no reply So this is really pissing me off I like to keep around 25 apps running in the background in the recent apps .but every morning I wake up and there all shut down apart from 4 apps.this is driving me nuts.i had this issue on my note 8 one ui and fixed the issue by going to the battery and turning off auto disable unused apps,and turning off put unused apps to sleep.and turning off auto optimisation.then I had to go to settings then apps then click on an app then click on Battery ,then I had to click allow background activity (app can use battery in the background) I did this with all my apps and it worked on my note 8 with one ui

But the problem lies with my new note 9 I've factory reset it .and tried these same things I did with my note 8 but still I wake up in the morning and all my apps are gone from recent apps.ive even tried to click do not allow to use battery in the background and even that makes all my apps disappear apart from 4 or 5

Please experts I really would appreciate some help here as this is driving me crazy just need to keep all my apps running .its on the lasted fw updated it last night thinking maybe the older one ui was the issue but even on the nee update it still kills all my apps I've checked in deviled setting also and background process limit is set on standard like it should be

So please note 9 experts if you can help I'll be so grateful.

Oh btw I'm on the latest September security update android
One ui version 1.
Android v9. It's a uk unlocked note 9 on stock uk fw

Paul Ayres

May 26, 2015
Visit site
If I power off the phone then turn it back on it asks for password I put in password then I can use fingerprint.ill pay cash via pay pal to anyone that can figure out how to keep apps in the background on the note 9 so when I wake up in the morning all my apps will still be there

Paul Ayres

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Sorry , meant for overnight when you first open the phone

Not sure what you mean bro.do you mean when I wake up in the morning and check my phone does it ask for a password, yes it does and it's really annoying and not sure why it does that.ive also opened 20 apps today and left the phone idle for 6 hours and and checked to see my apps and they had all closed but 4

Lastly I cam restart my phone and even clear the system cashe and the apps will still be there .its just when the phone is idle for a long time the apps are gone

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Not sure what you mean bro.do you mean when I wake up in the morning and check my phone does it ask for a password, yes it does and it's really annoying and not sure why it does that.ive also opened 20 apps today and left the phone idle for 6 hours and and checked to see my apps and they had all closed but 4
Yes that's what I mean, take a look at my screenshot in device care Screenshot_20191002-170544_Device%20care.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair