Spent three and a half hours on the phone with VZ Tier 2 Tech Supervisor, Conferenced Call with Samsung Techs, then went to Ubreakit for a wired attempt at transferring New Security Update that failed... twice. Samsung was their usual... no help! Verizon OTOH, being a business customer of theirs for nearly twenty years went out of their way to sort things out. Everything on the Note 8 had been running perfectly for 1.5 years. No issues at all. VZ said to me, hold the line, I want to talk with my boss. They both came on the line and said... we'll send you a Note 9, 128GB, Blue rather than another Note 8. No additional charge. We'll even pay for the S Pen which doesn't come with the factory refurbished phone. I was very impressed, thanked them and said... let's do it! Should get the Note 9 tomorrow or Thursday. Supervisor said to me... "you've been a great customer, the notes on your account say you always treat the reps with respect and today, you spent hours trying to trouble shoot the problem". "Enjoy the Note 9 and if you have any problems, we're here for you". Nice resolution in a world of corporate indifference and social polarization, eh?
    03-05-2019 09:02 PM
    Spent three and a half hours on the phone with VZ Tier 2 Tech Supervisor, Conferenced Call with Samsung Techs, then went to Ubreakit for a wired attempt at transferring New Security Update that failed... twice. Samsung was their usual... no help! Verizon OTOH, being a business customer of theirs for nearly twenty years went out of their way to sort things out. Everything on the Note 8 had been running perfectly for 1.5 years. No issues at all. VZ said to me, hold the line, I want to talk with my boss. They both came on the line and said... we'll send you a Note 9, 128GB, Blue rather than another Note 8. No additional charge. We'll even pay for the S Pen which doesn't come with the factory refurbished phone. I was very impressed, thanked them and said... let's do it! Should get the Note 9 tomorrow or Thursday. Supervisor said to me... "you've been a great customer, the notes on your account say you always treat the reps with respect and today, you spent hours trying to trouble shoot the problem". "Enjoy the Note 9 and if you have any problems, we're here for you". Nice resolution in a world of corporate greed and social polarization, eh?
    That's awesome. We don't hear enough about great experiences. Thank you for sharing.
    03-05-2019 09:05 PM
    Spent three and a half hours on the phone with VZ Tier 2 Tech Supervisor, Conferenced Call with Samsung Techs, then went to Ubreakit for a wired attempt at transferring New Security Update that failed... twice. Samsung was their usual... no help! Verizon OTOH, being a business customer of theirs for nearly twenty years went out of their way to sort things out. Everything on the Note 8 had been running perfectly for 1.5 years. No issues at all. VZ said to me, hold the line, I want to talk with my boss. They both came on the line and said... we'll send you a Note 9, 128GB, Blue rather than another Note 8. No additional charge. We'll even pay for the S Pen which doesn't come with the factory refurbished phone. I was very impressed, thanked them and said... let's do it! Should get the Note 9 tomorrow or Thursday. Supervisor said to me... "you've been a great customer, the notes on your account say you always treat the reps with respect and today, you spent hours trying to trouble shoot the problem". "Enjoy the Note 9 and if you have any problems, we're here for you". Nice resolution in a world of corporate indifference and social polarization, eh?
    Nice. What is OTOH?
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    03-05-2019 10:17 PM
    Nice. What is OTOH?
    On the other hand?
    Jewels81 likes this.
    03-05-2019 10:25 PM
    On the other hand?
    Yes. Tracking number arrived, tomorrow! I was surprised at their offer, never asked for it nor expected it.
    kevinpleasants and Jewels81 like this.
    03-05-2019 10:26 PM
    On the other hand?
    Thanks
    03-05-2019 11:48 PM
    Wow that's a great result I just wish that network's were as good to their customers over here in the UK
    03-06-2019 03:29 AM