How can i delete the msg history from the contact history on galaxy note9?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So when I click on a contact I scroll down to the bottom of the information I have for them and there is a tab that says "History"

Upon clicking on it you can see I preview of msgs u have sent and received eve. If u already deleted the messages for your messages

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
If you've deleted all messages AND calls to/from that Contact, ONLY then, will there be no History! History is Calls and Messages!!!

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Using the Samsung contacts app, I was able to press and hold to select line items in contact history, at the bottom of the contact's details and delete them.

chris ndirangu

Nov 11, 2020
Visit site
So when I click on a contact I scroll down to the bottom of the information I have for them and there is a tab that says "History"

Upon clicking on it you can see I preview of msgs u have sent and received eve. If u already deleted the messages for your messages

I was also surprised to see this SMS and calls history with SMS previews even for deleted SMSs. Go to Phone > Recent > click contact icon. There is History panel below contact details. I have not found a way to clear this log. This is a major issue because when you delete stuff, you want it to remain deleted and not pop up somewhere unexpectedly.

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I was also surprised to see this SMS and calls history with SMS previews even for deleted SMSs. Go to Phone > Recent > click contact icon. There is History panel below contact details. I have not found a way to clear this log. This is a major issue because when you delete stuff, you want it to remain deleted and not pop up somewhere unexpectedly.

Hmmm... I gave up on Messenger long ago and use Textra. When I go to contacts, click on a contact, scroll down to History, click on it, all I get are phone calls. Dates, Times, incoming or outgoing and emails headers incoming or outgoing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad