Anyone using the galaxy buds?

note1note9

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
To those using the new galaxy buds with your note 9, do you all have the pop up window to connect as shown in the promotional video for the galaxy buds as well as in the galaxy unpacked event?

Been using mine and do not have that pop up window. Hence it's more troublesome as I have to manually on my bluetooth and click connect.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
To those using the new galaxy buds with your note 9, do you all have the pop up window to connect as shown in the promotional video for the galaxy buds as well as in the galaxy unpacked event?

Been using mine and do not have that pop up window. Hence it's more troublesome as I have to manually on my bluetooth and click connect.
Obviously you won't get the pop up if bluetooth isn't switched on, or am I misunderstanding something here?
Exactly. They don't eliminate you having to have Bluetooth on. The time saver is to not have set them and they connect quickly.

If I remember correctly, the Apple airpods work the same way. You still have to have Bluetooth on or they won't be detected.

note1note9

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
I see..

Okay, tried it with bluetooth on and theres still no pop up. According to Samsung you need to be on android 7 and above and have Smart Things installed and I have both of that ticked off.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I get the pop up on my AT&T Note 9 with Pie. Just to be clear you only get the pop on the first initial setup.
c65eebab8570ea0172d74d9e7b804832.jpg

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
My question has nothing to do with the original post. I just want to know if the sound is good with the buds?
Yeah I like them better than the Icon X. Plus it's still too early to tell if it'll suffer the same issues I've had with two Icon X were one ear bud will eventually sound lower than the other. I had to pull out the felt like material out of the one bud to make it sound better.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I like them better than the Icon X. Plus it's still too early to tell if it'll suffer the same issues I've had with two Icon X were one ear bud will eventually sound lower than the other. I had to pull out the felt like material out of the one bud to make it sound better.
Thanks

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

I am also coming from the Gear Icon X buds. These feel much better and the quality is really great!

I had my app open when I turned mine on, so no pop-up, but why this is a topic of discussion, no idea. They were super easy to pair and get using.

The Wearable App is also different than when I had my Icons. I like the way it has more options available from the screen wothoutndigging into menus or anything.

Comfy. Yes, even more so than the icons, which I loved. Without the onboard storage, when you put them in, they go right to phone mode, not independent, then a delay to phone.

Sound? They fit better in my ears, so they block out more sound which I like. The Ambient Sound mode is updated and much nicer to control. Sound quality is on par, if not a little better, then the Icon X's. Partially for the better fit, but also just a cleaner sound.

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I am also coming from the Gear Icon X buds. These feel much better and the quality is really great!

I had my app open when I turned mine on, so no pop-up, but why this is a topic of discussion, no idea. They were super easy to pair and get using.

The Wearable App is also different than when I had my Icons. I like the way it has more options available from the screen wothoutndigging into menus or anything.

Comfy. Yes, even more so than the icons, which I loved. Without the onboard storage, when you put them in, they go right to phone mode, not independent, then a delay to phone.

Sound? They fit better in my ears, so they block out more sound which I like. The Ambient Sound mode is updated and much nicer to control. Sound quality is on par, if not a little better, then the Icon X's. Partially for the better fit, but also just a cleaner sound.

I have the new Buds as well and agree with all of your comments above. Pairing was super easy with the Note 9, much easier than the Icons.

A few other differences from the Icon X:

Swipe for Volume doesn't work (I knew this going in, but didn't think I used it much). You can alter the long-press touch control to adjust volume (left long-press Volume Down, right long-press Volume Up). However, if you do this, you lose the ability to use long-press to bring up voice control (Google/Bixby), which sucks.

I haven't had any issues with the buds charging in the case like I sometimes did with the Icons. They appear to fit better in the case.

The case, while much smaller and more pocketable, is also more slippery. So while the Icon would stay in my shorts pocket (yes, I'm in Texas so we wear shorts during the winter!), the Buds case has slipped out of my pockets a few times when sitting. So I have to check each time I get up or else never sit down.

Also the Icon X case has a release button which doesn't exist on the Buds case. Haven't found that to be an issue yet, but hoping it pop open at inopportune times.

I love the wireless charging - just plop it down on the charging pad!

Auronda40

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
When the heck are they gonna have any in stock!! Yellow and white are out. I'm dying to buy the yellow. I called and of course they have no clue. Anyone know anything?

screwhead728

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
When the heck are they gonna have any in stock!! Yellow and white are out. I'm dying to buy the yellow. I called and of course they have no clue. Anyone know anything?

I bought the black Galaxy Buds at a local Samsung store here in Miami. They're an unauthorized Samsung seller. They were charging $140 which was ridiculous but I still got them.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the info. I almost got a pair of Icon X. I'm still waiting for my free Galaxy buds.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I never had a pair of true wireless earbuds before so looking forward to getting these, I have Bluetooth Spigen ones and like them for music but kinda have to have the Galaxy Buds since I have the Note 8 and the 46mm Watch BT version (lte option is not offered here by carriers)

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
If you look in the Samsung Members app under 'benefits' you should see an offer for 50% off on selected accessories, mainly S10 stuff but the buds are there also.

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have the Sennheiser Momentum. I'm thinking about trying out the Samsung Buds. What's the mic like; both with calls and commands?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma