Anyone using the galaxy buds?

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Just clicked on them and applied the code and it said the code is not valid for this item lol.
Makes me think its definitely an S10 promotion.

davisgq

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Ordered my Galaxy Buds and should get them by the end of this month. Currently using the IconX 2018s so looking forward to the "upgraded" earbuds.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm in the UK.

The black versions are out of stock :( but going from an earlier post the 50% doesn't work for them !

Maybe I'll pick up a pair as part of a promotion for the Samsung Note 10 ! ;)

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I never had a pair of true wireless earbuds before so looking forward to getting these, I have Bluetooth Spigen ones and like them for music but kinda have to have the Galaxy Buds since I have the Note 8 and the 46mm Watch BT version (lte option is not offered here by carriers)
Same here. The Galaxy Buds will be my first pair of "True wireless" earbuds.

alodar101

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
i just received my buds yesterday. I ordered them at midnight on the day. Because of an illness, I also have the airpods, Google buds and jabra 65t active. In order of comfort..airpods, samsung, Google , jabra. The jabra simply won't stay in my ears. I tend to forget I'm even wearing the airport or samsung buds. Both sound good, and voice and talk are fine. The Samsung buds paired when i opened the case on my note 9.... Followed by 8 or 9 acceptance screens. They charge fine on wireless.

Add far as sound quality... I'm not a dié hard sound fan... So the Breakdown in quality points i simply don't care about

I'm a +1 on the galaxy buds.. same for the airpods. Neutral on the Google buds.. and a -10 on the jabras.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
i just received my buds yesterday. I ordered them at midnight on the day. Because of an illness, I also have the airpods, Google buds and jabra 65t active. In order of comfort..airpods, samsung, Google , jabra. The jabra simply won't stay in my ears. I tend to forget I'm even wearing the airport or samsung buds. Both sound good, and voice and talk are fine. The Samsung buds paired when i opened the case on my note 9.... Followed by 8 or 9 acceptance screens. They charge fine on wireless.

Add far as sound quality... I'm not a dié hard sound fan... So the Breakdown in quality points i simply don't care about

I'm a +1 on the galaxy buds.. same for the airpods. Neutral on the Google buds.. and a -10 on the jabras.
Wow that's a surprise. I thought the Jabras where pretty good. Thanks for sharing. I'll be getting my buds mid April according to the ship by date.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
But if you have the duo charger (phone+watch) I would imagine it working on the flat watch side of it

I upgraded from the Icon X's (2018) and am happy I did! I love these so much more, they fit better. I forget I have them in, they feel so light.

I have the Duo charger and it does indeed charge on the flat side then my Galaxy Watch is not on there. It charges on any/all of my other flat Qi chargers, so good to go there too!

Auronda40

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
Well..... I was finally able to order the yellow ones!! It was so odd. They kept popping in and out of stock, the very last time I tried today it allowed me to add them to my cart and check out!!! Shipping April 5th but I don't care as long as I know they're coming now. Why do you think they are in and out of stock like that within minutes all the time? Only the yellow ones

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Well..... I was finally able to order the yellow ones!! It was so odd. They kept popping in and out of stock, the very last time I tried today it allowed me to add them to my cart and check out!!! Shipping April 5th but I don't care as long as I know they're coming now. Why do you think they are in and out of stock like that within minutes all the time? Only the yellow ones

I'm in the UK and it's a similar case with the black versions.

I set up stock alerts from Samsung and then as soon as I received the alert I was straight into the Samsung Online shop to buy.

They were delivered yesterday.

Very happy thus far with them.

Update : Returned for refund.

Reason 1 The bass is pretty weak.

Reason 2 I wear glasses and as such the arm of them pressed onto the earfin and affected how the sound was heard through them. Tried all the ratios and earfins with no improvement.

Attachments

• 20190322_174424.jpg
    20190322_174424.jpg
    458 KB · Views: 34
  • 20190322_165512.jpg
    20190322_165512.jpg
    379.4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Auronda40

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
I'm in the UK and it's a similar case with the black versions.

I set up stock alerts from Samsung and then as soon as I received the alert I was straight into the Samsung Online shop to buy.

They were delivered yesterday.

Very happy thus far with them.
Love it!!!!! Looks good! I'm so excited to get my yellow!!!

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Love it!!!!! Looks good! I'm so excited to get my yellow!!!

I was tempted by the yellow but I'm thinking they wouldn't suit me tbh.

How are you finding your pair ?

I'm astonished how loud they sound.

I've set my touchpads to have ambient sound on the LG and Ai on the Rh side.

Unfortunately I think this means neither can be used to turn the volume up and down !

Auronda40

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
I was tempted by the yellow but I'm thinking they wouldn't suit me tbh.

How are you finding your pair ?

I'm astonished how loud they sound.

I've set my touchpads to have ambient sound on the LG and Ai on the Rh side.

Unfortunately I think this means neither can be used to turn the volume up and down !
Mine aren't scheduled to arrive until April but I'm hoping they move up the ship date!! Glad your enjoying yours. I can live vicariously through you guys in the mean time!

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I like them better than the Icon X. Plus it's still too early to tell if it'll suffer the same issues I've had with two Icon X were one ear bud will eventually sound lower than the other. I had to pull out the felt like material out of the one bud to make it sound better.

I wish I had known that before I sent my replacement pair to Samsung to be replaced. I'm not even going to get those back. I am never going to make that mistake again.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Sadly I've sent mine back for a refund.

They were fine in use without using my glasses or shades but once I'd put them on the arm of the glasses were pressing down on the fin used to anchor them into my ear which caused the sound to be affected.

Even after using all the different ear tips and the medium and large fins the issue remained the same.

The small earfins didn't have the fin part on them which was better but unfortunately the Buds then wouldn't stay as secure in my ear!

Back to the Bose Bluetooth Headphones for now while I try and find some earbuds that work better for me.

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I have the new Buds as well and agree with all of your comments above. Pairing was super easy with the Note 9, much easier than the Icons.

A few other differences from the Icon X:

Swipe for Volume doesn't work (I knew this going in, but didn't think I used it much). You can alter the long-press touch control to adjust volume (left long-press Volume Down, right long-press Volume Up). However, if you do this, you lose the ability to use long-press to bring up voice control (Google/Bixby), which sucks.

I haven't had any issues with the buds charging in the case like I sometimes did with the Icons. They appear to fit better in the case.

The case, while much smaller and more pocketable, is also more slippery. So while the Icon would stay in my shorts pocket (yes, I'm in Texas so we wear shorts during the winter!), the Buds case has slipped out of my pockets a few times when sitting. So I have to check each time I get up or else never sit down.

Also the Icon X case has a release button which doesn't exist on the Buds case. Haven't found that to be an issue yet, but hoping it pop open at inopportune times.

I love the wireless charging - just plop it down on the charging pad!

Update: I have an issue that just started presenting itself. I don't know if I never did this before or whether it just started recently.

When I'm on a call (yes, I use my phone for calls sometimes!), and take one bud out of my ear, the entire call reverts back to the phone even though the other bud remains in my ear. I could swear this wasn't an issue when I first got them. Very annoying as the call should remain on the one earbud in my ear.

Also, when I then put the other bud back in my ear, I cannot figure out how to get the call back to my Galaxy Buds. If I swipe down on notifications to see the SmartThings drop-down when not in a call, it shows an option at the top called "Audio Output" which I can click choose Headphone Galaxy Buds or My Phone. For some reason that option doesn't exist when on a call so there is no way to get the call back to the Buds even when I put it back in my ear. I have to either disconnect/reconnect via Bluetooth or within the SmartThings app.

Does anyone else have this issue?