Pie update available for unlocked phones

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
So far my 5 gHz wifi band seems to be stable since the update. It is odd since there is no mention of wifi in the update.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
If you're on the T-Mobile CSB3 firmware, can you sideload the unlocked CSB3 firmware without a factory reset, without having to restore apps and data?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If you're on the T-Mobile CSB3 firmware, can you sideload the unlocked CSB3 firmware without a factory reset, without having to restore apps and data?

Yes I believe it will erase like factory reset if I remember correctly because you going from carrier to unlocked if it's just carrier to carrier wouldn't erase.

AirMech74

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Awesome, just ran a check, and it is ready...just gotta wait til I get home to get on WiFi....govt won't let me on theirs...lol

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes I believe it will erase like factory reset if I remember correctly because you going from carrier to unlocked if it's just carrier to carrier wouldn't erase.
I was disappointed that unlike the new s10 there appears to be no option to write Bixby routines, only Bixby commands requiring me to speak the command. I prefer auto routines for some functions like max media vol on bt in my car

AirMech74

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I was disappointed that unlike the new s10 there appears to be no option to write Bixby routines, only Bixby commands requiring me to speak the command. I prefer auto routines for some functions like max media vol on bt in my car

I wouldn't be surprised if that didn't come in a Bixby update a lil later down the road

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Yeah probably will be updated

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
My battery life isn't what it once was. Not terrible but not as good. Wish I kept screenshots from before
I also noticed that on Oreo memory used 2GB before using a lot of apps. Now it starts at 3GB. I have no idea what is using an extra GB of memory.