Shop HP’s Memorial Day Sale:Save up to 61% on PCs and more!
05-14-2019 01:14 PM
70 123
tools
    Is everyone's battery doing better now? Battery life is a big concern for me. Not often, but on oreo I've gotten 4 hours of screen on time with 50% remaining. I would hate to have significantly worse battery life when the update is supposed to improve it
    Mine drains about 10% faster consistently
    03-15-2019 10:44 PM
    I updated tuesday evening on both of the note 9 verizon phones i have. Wed seemed a little faster drain but yesterday and today the battery has been fine.
    03-16-2019 01:54 AM
    No battery drain on my Note 9.

I miss the little dot on the navigation bar to hide it.

Gestures is an option but I'm not keen.

Goodlock helps as I like the list view in multi tasking which was removed in the update.

Some themes cause text not to be seen clearly as they are having compatibility issues with the new update.

Night Mode is what I've been after for a while and it's been worth the wait.

For those that don't like the new icons then there's always icon packs.

In conclusion I've had no regrets in updating my phone.
    03-16-2019 02:03 AM
    My battery since the update has been less than stellar. I finally did a cache wipe last night to see if it helps any. I was about 30-35% last night with about 2.5 hours SOT after 17 hours or so off the charger. Before the update, I probably would have been closer to 50% left.
    03-16-2019 08:03 AM
    No battery drain on my Note 9.

I miss the little dot on the navigation bar to hide it.

Gestures is an option but I'm not keen.

Goodlock helps as I like the list view in multi tasking which was removed in the update.

Some themes cause text not to be seen clearly as they are having compatibility issues with the new update.

Night Mode is what I've been after for a while and it's been worth the wait.

For those that don't like the new icons then there's always icon packs.

In conclusion I've had no regrets in updating my phone.
    Where is that option in Good Lock? I only see options to download more apps?
    03-16-2019 01:42 PM
    I just updated less then 24 hours ago. Totally get having to familiarize myself with new changes, but so may of my favorite things are gone which makes this super annoying.

So, I am on my phone quite a bit and the battery today is barely making it past noon. Mind you I just picked up a Note9 two months ago. The battery time was stellar comparable to most phones allegedly. It was great!

The UI now looks like apple OS, plus everything is spaced out so much it looks like I have my phone set on easy mode. I have lost what seems like 3/4 inches of verticle screen space. The keyboard take up 2.5 inches of the total 5.75 height. Floating keyboard is no better.

On game mode, there's a screen lock feature that can be unlocked with a swipe from any spot on the screen. This has been updated to where you can unlock from a specific center point.

The notification bar at the top extends 1-2 mm lower. The space where the home keys are still is taken up with .5 inches of nothing even with the home keys hidden. This is the similar situation with the home screen. The space is still there with the home (apps/home/back) buttons hidden and even more so than previously updated I might say.

The edge screens had a device and battery performance monitoring slide. That's no longer there.

Prime screen estate lost. I'm convinced that this update is some form of trolling that will end soon. I really do.

Lastly, if there were something that can be improved to make this more bearable, I would like to see a more advanced viewing mode to counter or add to the standard and easy modes. As it is with this update, I feel like I've lost 20% screen viewing capacity. It's very upsetting.

One more thing, the update clearly still needs to be tweaked. The voice calling setting needs to be updated, but as I have Verizon and this setting cannot be altered... I have a permanent notification taking up yet more screen space. If I wanted an iPhone, I would have gotten one. No longer feels like it is built for high capacity & professional usage.
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    03-16-2019 02:34 PM
    Multi-tasking screen allowed the user to see more at once. I really appreciated that feature.

I've looked at the icon packs. None address the spacing that has been taken up. Perhaps that is my personal preference.
    03-16-2019 02:37 PM

The edge screens had a device and battery performance monitoring slide. That's no longer there.
    Update: this edge panel feature is now found under settings with the option to add icon to app screen.
    03-17-2019 11:15 AM
    My issues:

I feel that my battery life is slightly worse since the update. I attribute that for the most part to the loss of the location battery saving option (can only have location on or off). This battery drain is not excessive.

My Quickstar Quick Panel Change app needs an update because it appears that when you rotate to landscape and then back to Portrait mode, it reverts to your set theme default. Reapplying it fixes that. It is just a minor annoyance.

Overall I think the update has been decent. I find that I use the One Hand Operation+ Gestures a little more over the new navigation which I still find usable.
    03-17-2019 11:45 AM
    I feel like mine is a bit worse now too, but I could be imagining it. At first it seemed better, but now I can't get an hour of screen time per 10% like I used to. It's not awful, but seems noticeable.

EDIT: Of course now that I say that I got to an hour before using 10% again:

Another gripe I have is where the hell did the video modes go? No more 60FPS option? I get three choices now for recording.

EDIT 2: Ok, apparently you have to click on the recording mode to get a list of other settings. Nice of them to say anything about that...
    03-17-2019 12:02 PM
    Hi All,

Has anyone had any problems with upload speeds on WiFi?

On both 5 and 2.4 GHz I get good download speeds, but much reduced upload speeds.

I am going to reboot router, and this may be a local ISP issue, but instead of 200 down and 35 up, I am getting 200 down and 10 up.

Not trying to raise alarms, just asking if anyone has seen this. I am using the Speedtest app to test.

Edit: checked on iPad and speed is 36 up, so it is not my internet.

Edit #2 : Turning off Bluetooth fixes the problem! WTH...

Anyone else?

Thanks,
    R
    03-18-2019 08:54 PM
    I can only defer the update one more time before it forces me download. Hopefully Samsung will release a patch soon (very unlikely).
    03-22-2019 05:59 AM
    I was slow to update and am now wishing I had kept putting it off. Now my phone doesn't want to charge because it thinks there's moisture in the charging port. At least there's wireless charging, but I don't want to have to rely exclusively on that.
    03-22-2019 01:07 PM
    I deferred as long as I could and had to update this morning. Wish me luck! After the update finished, I immediately turned off my phone and cleared the cache before doing anything
    03-24-2019 08:13 AM
    Just checked my Verizon note 9 and the update is available. I'm nervous to download though. The last major update I downloaded (galaxy s7) absolutely ruined my phone. It became extremely slow, unresponsive, and killed my battery life. I wasn't alone. Tons of s7 users experienced the same. I know that there is a risk with every update, but as a whole, how does this one seem?
    I've been on Android Pie One UI since mid January. My SOT and standby battery life have slightly and definitely improved respectively. Unlocked Exynos 128 GB ROM Note 9
    03-24-2019 01:03 PM
    Had some battery drain up until the March security/System update .
    Now it's about the same as it was on Oreo
    Battery life is generally ok .
    Attached Thumbnails Any Common Issues With Android Pie Update?-22459.jpg  
    03-24-2019 01:58 PM
    Thankfully, I don't have to much to complain about yet. However, when I get a text message, android messenger does not show my message on the lock screen like it used to. Does anyone know how to fix that? I think I've went through every setting.

Also, a minor gripe, but is there a way to turn off the scrolling "Verizon Wireless" banner in the top left corner on the lock screen?
    03-25-2019 07:54 AM
    Not sure how common of an issue it is but I have a thread open about Bluetooth devices disappearing after a shutdown of the device and you have to re-pair all your Bluetooth devices again. Few people have confirmed the issue.
    I have the same exact issue since Pie update. It's driving me up the wall. I have to keep re-pairing the watch, car, and portable speaker.
    strikeIII likes this.
    03-27-2019 12:25 AM
    The only issue that I have is any call recorder works like a crap because I can barely hear other side speaking when I listen what is recorded.... I rooted my phone but still no use
    04-16-2019 05:55 PM
    Here is how to solve the problem with call recording on Android 9 Pie
    05-14-2019 01:14 PM
70 123