Flossy says keep your Note 9 over the s10 Plus

Russel Shouse

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
while i am sure the note 10 will be awesome, i actually want to keep my note 9 at least two years before upgrading. the note 9 has been great so far and i (so far) don't have the upgrade itch.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I watched this video. I don't think he ripped the s10. He actually gave it a good review, he even said buy it at the end. The things he didn't like about it were about the same he didn't like about the note 9. He did say the upgrade to the s10 from a note 9 or s9 was not worth it for what you gain. He said the same thing about upgrading to the note 9 from the note 8 or s8. He is correct about that, upgrading yearly does not gain you much for the price. He said the same thing about the price being to high on the note 9. As far as no Iris scanner, that's a personal deal, like he said, if you're concerned with actual secured phone you need to using pattern unlock or PIN unlock.

I have the s10+, the display is better, it is faster then the note 9, I like the front FPS, I personally like the size better, the speakers are amazing, that's off the top of my head, but unless you like having new tech like I do, the upgrade is a little steep, but that can be said about any yearly upgrade. In reality, upgrading every 2 years is what we should be doing, but it's an addiction for the tech love people on here, and if you are a tech love person, the s10 won't disappoint, even if the FPS gives you issues, there's work arounds for that.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
while i am sure the note 10 will be awesome, i actually want to keep my note 9 at least two years before upgrading. the note 9 has been great so far and i (so far) don't have the upgrade itch.
Especially with these prices. Unless they really upgrade the picture quality of the camera and not just add sensors, I don't feel a great need to upgrade, either. I can't remember the last time I was doing something on my phone and said "man, this thing is slow!". The fingerprint sensor in the screen is not a huge selling point for me.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I only watched 13 minutes. It's was mostly HIS interpretation and the way HE uses the phone. I haven't minded his other reviews, but this is 110% negative. And based on his and only his uses.

Curved screen of the Note 9 hasn't bothered me. I rarely have relied on the notification light on any phone. I am able to move my hand to hit any power button, and I'm a woman, not an issue. I don't have much to hide, so why shut it off when someone walks up? But can if I want to. My TV never worked with the S5 IR blaster, so I found no benefit. Etc. Etc.

I suppose if his issues are yours, then the S10 isn't for you. I like my Spen and Note 9, so I'll stick with the Note (but will look at the Fold). And I'll probably upgrade to the Note 10.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I only watched 13 minutes. It's was mostly HIS interpretation and the way HE uses the phone. I haven't minded his other reviews, but this is 110% negative. And based on his and only his uses.

Curved screen of the Note 9 hasn't bothered me. I rarely have relied on the notification light on any phone. I am able to move my hand to hit any power button, and I'm a woman, not an issue. I don't have much to hide, so why shut it off when someone walks up? But can if I want to. My TV never worked with the S5 IR blaster, so I found no benefit. Etc. Etc.

I suppose if his issues are yours, then the S10 isn't for you. I like my Spen and Note 9, so I'll stick with the Note (but will look at the Fold). And I'll probably upgrade to the Note 10.
If you would have watched it to the end you would have heard him say he recommended buying it, he even said his dislikes where minimal and personal choices

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
He always goes through what he doesn't like first for most of this phone reviews but if you watch the whole thing, he actually thinks the phone is great. Also, it's still weird to me how we would expect reviewers to say that Note 9 owners should upgrade to the S10. It's far more natural for me to think that Note 9 owners would look for the Note 10.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm keeping my Note 9 and see what the Note 10 will offer, but if your in the market for a phone and don't need the spen without doubt S10+ it's that good.

hooligan03

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm keeping my Note 9 and see what the Note 10 will offer, but if your in the market for a phone and don't need the spen without doubt S10+ it's that good.

I'm doing the exact same thing. Gonna wait for the Note 10. Curious to see though what Sammy will be asking for it when released. Hope it's not 1500+ as that is getting to the ridiculous point.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm doing the exact same thing. Gonna wait for the Note 10. Curious to see though what Sammy will be asking for it when released. Hope it's not 1500+ as that is getting to the ridiculous point.

I'm curious also, but price wise it's going be similar what the Note 9 was according to each storage I'm assuming if more then that, I'll 2nd guess if it's worth it .

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

Rest assured that if the Note 10 comes in a 1TB/12GB/5G version it will be north of 1500 quid but with a bigger battery, faster charging, s-pen improved even more plus the RAM and Storage will be that new double speed standard, hoping for 6.75 screen myself or a Note Fold

Last edited:

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Rest assured that if the Note 10 comes in a 1TB/12GB/5G version it will be north of 1500 quid but with a bigger battery, faster charging, s-pen improved even more plus the RAM will be that new double speed standard, hoping for 6.75 screen myself or a Note Fold
I agree, the price will be higher in all variants over the s series. I don't use the s pen that much, so with the s series not much different then the note I decided to make the move, and I like the size of the S10+ better and with rumors of note 10 being bigger, I don't want a tablet for my phone.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
I kept my N9 and got an S10+ I don't like that the LED light is gone and definitely prefer the finger print scanner on the N9 over the in display one. But overall I like the camera better and really like the look of the O display.

RadeonHD

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
The Note 9 is barely half a year old. How many people are actually "upgrading" every 6 months.

I'm holding on to this bad boy until the cows come home.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm keeping my Note 9.

And my S10+.

I've disabled the fingerprint scanner and just using swipe to unlock but I'm fine with that. I'm doing the same on my Note 9. I'm very happy with my S10+ especially after using it while out tonight.

The S10 isn't supposed to be a Note 9 replacement. Two separate phone lines for different types of users.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The Note 9 is barely half a year old. How many people are actually "upgrading" every 6 months.

I'm holding on to this bad boy until the cows come home.
On this forum, a lot. In the real world not so many. Most on these forums are tech savvy and are always wanting the next new thing, some even throw Apple into the mix. I still have my note 9, but I'm going to be honest..I prefer the S10+, but the s pen isn't a priority to me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20