Home screen redraw with Pie

berfles

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else had this problem? Since in updated my unlocked 8GB Note to Pie I've had two home screen refreshes now where I hit home and it takes a second or two, then I can watch the home icons all redraw on the screen. Never had that happen once on Oreo, so it seems like RAM management might be a bit worse on Pie.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone else had this problem? Since in updated my unlocked 8GB Note to Pie I've had two home screen refreshes now where I hit home and it takes a second or two, then I can watch the home icons all redraw on the screen. Never had that happen once on Oreo, so it seems like RAM management might be a bit worse on Pie.

Do you use any application like swift installer or a launcher?

berfles

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Maybe the launcher has a update on the GALAXY Store or could be everything needs to settle in after the update..just happen twice ?

Funny, it just happened again when I came back from this thread. I'll check for updates, but ife had the update for a long enough time they things should be settled I'd think. I also wiped the dalvik cache and it happened before and after I did that.

EDIT:. No updates.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Funny, it just happened again when I came back from this thread. I'll check for updates, but ife had the update for a long enough time they things should be settled I'd think. I also wiped the dalvik cache and it happened before and after I did that.

EDIT:. No updates.

That's interesting, might have to go to apps then clear data ,cache and force stop the launcher . Might erase how you set up your home screen though.

berfles

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, just blew away the cache and other data and re-did my home screen, hopefully that helps. Any idea what the SystemUI does? I blew that away too and all I can see it did was reset my background.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks, just blew away the cache and other data and re-did my home screen, hopefully that helps. Any idea what the SystemUI does? I blew that away too and all I can see it did was reset my background.

Make sure force stop also that's important. System ui is user interface which is ok.
Hopeful works, your welcome.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital