Samsung email vs Gmail

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I started using Samsung email a few weeks ago...I was using Google Inbox but they're doing away with that and I tried Gmail but didn't like having ads mixed in with my emails so I decided to try the Samsung route. So far I'm liking it, it has a dark mode and doesn't have ads... It just works.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I started using Samsung email a few weeks ago...I was using Google Inbox but they're doing away with that and I tried Gmail but didn't like having ads mixed in with my emails so I decided to try the Samsung route. So far I'm liking it, it has a dark mode and doesn't have ads... It just works.
I like the gmail spam reporter. It automatically unsubscribes at the same time.

debsawyer

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
I prefer all Google apps. These manufacturers need to do away with duplicating applications or give you a choice to remove them.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I prefer all Google apps. These manufacturers need to do away with duplicating applications or give you a choice to remove them.
Why would they need to remove them if people like them. Also not everyone uses gmail or even likes it or the app.

It doesn't take up a ton of space or resources. Just disable it.

I use samsungs email, samsungs gallery, samsungs messenger. Those are some of the small reasons I get Samsung devices.

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I use Gmail app for my Gmail, the Outlook app for my Hotmail, and the Samsung Mail app for the Corporate Email

Personally I prefer to keep all of my email accounts separate.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
You have ads mixed in with your emails in the Gmail app?

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I used to use the Samsung Mail in the past but my only issue and the only reason why I went back to gmail is because of calendar invites. When you tapped on yes it would open the web browser to Google Calendar which was super annoying. Whereas Gmail you just tap yes and it inputs into the calendar in the background. Not sure if this is still the behavior of Samsung Mail as I haven't tried to use it lately.

Wbutchart1

Feb 14, 2019
Visit site
I use Samsung email. Some of the key reasons are

Group email management - it is fantastic at this, including bcc group emails for gdpr. Gmail is terrible at group emails.

Scheduled sync, can control when email syncs and switch it off after working hours.

Dark mode.

Save emails to phone.

These are some of the reasons I prefer Samsung mail. This app is one of the key reasons I got the note over the mate 20! Couldn't take the risk the mates email app didn't do the things Samsung's did.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Gmail now because Samsung's email app had consistent sync issues, not sure if it's fixed as Gmail suits me fine, I have outlook set for my work email for the odd time I need to access it outside working hours

BuckyBadg

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I got rid of my GMAIL app. It got wonky and every time I deleted an email it would reappear in the inbox within minutes. I even tried immediately deleting it in the trash, and it still came back! I found this to be crazy and super annoying.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I use Gmail app for my Gmail, the Outlook app for my Hotmail, and the Samsung Mail app for the Corporate Email

Personally I prefer to keep all of my email accounts separate.

I agree and i set up that way also

Last edited:

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm...I wonder why I don't have ads? Interesting. This is going to bug me now. Lol. Not that I want ads....lol.
I have always had ads under my promotion and social tabs in Gmail. Not on my primary. It's like a stickied ad that changes everytime I log in.
Screenshot_20190320-093148_Gmail.jpeg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae