I'm on 8.1.0 with Samsung experience 9.5

Baseband version is N960USQU1ARI4. I hadn't received an update since last August, tried using firmware science and updated twice to get to where I am now... but firmware science doesn't have a (from) file for this version.

Downloaded odin (assume that's next) but looking for some guidance about what to do next (would rather ask then brick my phone if possible)
    03-21-2019 05:03 PM
    my best suggestion, go to XDA ask some questions there because most likely you'll need to flash through Odin. you can also try best buy Samsung center and also see if they could do it. doing through sd card might work but it's a long process.
    03-21-2019 05:25 PM
    See https://firmware.science/. Fill in the blanks and follow the instructions (download the file, put it on an SD card, etc.
    @mustang7757 - the only thing on XDA is a Pie update to a later version of Oreo. (It probably would brick his phone.)
    03-21-2019 05:27 PM
    Firmware science doesn't have a match for my baseband version...
    03-21-2019 05:31 PM
    See https://firmware.science/. Fill in the blanks and follow the instructions (download the file, put it on an SD card, etc.
    @mustang7757 - the only thing on XDA is a Pie update to a later version of Oreo. (It probably would brick his phone.)
    If he grabs CSAA or CSB3 from XDA and flash it wont be any issues, if he tried sd card update worst would happen is restart device.
    Just grab the correct model note 9 you have dont grab international firmware if you have USA one.
    03-21-2019 05:35 PM
    Firmware science doesn't have a match for my baseband version...
    I believe you have the Att version so , you will need download Odin 3.13.1 to do this and grab the file in XDA CSAA which its current version and extract them then load each one in its corresponding place . When extracted each file will have these names
    BL >BL FILE
    AP> AP FILE
    CS>CS FILE
    CSC> CSC FILE
    Restart device holding volume down ,Bixby,power button same time and believe up to continue your now in download mode
    Hit start in odin
    03-21-2019 05:47 PM
    I'm on 8.1.0 with Samsung experience 9.5

Baseband version is N960USQU1ARI4. I hadn't received an update since last August, tried using firmware science and updated twice to get to where I am now... but firmware science doesn't have a (from) file for this version.

Downloaded odin (assume that's next) but looking for some guidance about what to do next (would rather ask then brick my phone if possible)
    Man, I would consider that a blessing and not do anything.
    Have you read all the negative about pie?
    srbell67 likes this.
    03-21-2019 06:32 PM
    Just made a thread about terrible UI performance I'm having with Pie. Consider yourself blessed. lol
    pizza_pablo and DARK Vader777 like this.
    03-21-2019 07:43 PM