Verizon just finally got around to pushing me out the Pie update yesterday. It's absolutely awful. I've been able to work with most of the stupid changes, except UI wise there are things that I really am having trouble accepting:

1) No cellular signal or indicator whatsoever. I know Google being the jackasses they are allowed carriers to decide how/if the signal would be shown, but not having any indicator that you are connected to a cellular network for voice or data and if so not knowing what your signal is and whether it's 3g or 4g does not work for me. Has anyone found a workaround for this?

2) No charging indicator when the screen is on. When you plug in your device there is no charging indicator of any kind unless the screen is off then you can only see the led lit up, but that doesn't happen when the screen is on. So unless you swipe down you can't tell if your phone is charging and whether you have a good connection and it's fast charging or not. Again, any work around here??

3) Wifi calling keeps starting on each reboot and prompting me to enter a 911 address, however I have wifi calling disabled in the phone app's setting screen. I kill the app after reboot, but again, any way to stop the popup?

I'm assuming there still is no way to root the Verizon version of the Note 9?

Thank you.
    03-21-2019 08:26 PM
    Verizon just finally got around to pushing me out the Pie update yesterday. It's absolutely awful. I've been able to work with most of the stupid changes, except UI wise there are things that I really am having trouble accepting:

1) No cellular signal or indicator whatsoever. I know Google being the jackasses they are allowed carriers to decide how/if the signal would be shown, but not having any indicator that you are connected to a cellular network for voice or data and if so not knowing what your signal is and whether it's 3g or 4g does not work for me. Has anyone found a workaround for this?

2) No charging indicator when the screen is on. When you plug in your device there is no charging indicator of any kind unless the screen is off then you can only see the led lit up, but that doesn't happen when the screen is on. So unless you swipe down you can't tell if your phone is charging and whether you have a good connection and it's fast charging or not. Again, any work around here??

3) Wifi calling keeps starting on each reboot and prompting me to enter a 911 address, however I have wifi calling disabled in the phone app's setting screen. I kill the app after reboot, but again, any way to stop the popup?

I'm assuming there still is no way to root the Verizon version of the Note 9?

Thank you.
    I have a signal indicator on my version of Pie. You sure you didn't turn it off in Samsung's Goodlock by mistake? If you don't, either app may bring it back. Get GoodLock from the Galaxy app Store. The one in Play Store is fake.

I also have a charging indicator. It never changed there's still the battery icon on the top with the lightning bolt if it's charging, same as before.

No idea on the third one. No issues with mine on wifi calling.

Your first two issues are not pie issues or even OneUI. There's something wrong with your phone.
    Harlemknight and tootechie like this.
    03-21-2019 08:44 PM
    Your first two issues are not pie issues or even OneUI. There's something wrong with your phone.
    I think that's right.

As for the third issue, can you stop the pop-up by giving it the requested 911 address? Maybe it'll be useful someday. If you really don't want to provide your actual address, just give it something like "911 Fake Address".
    tootechie likes this.
    03-21-2019 09:08 PM
    I think that's right.

As for the third issue, can you stop the pop-up by giving it the requested 911 address? Maybe it'll be useful someday. If you really don't want to provide your actual address, just give it something like "911 Fake Address".
    I'm not in the US, so I have none of that issues with wifi calling. It's just on for me.
    03-21-2019 09:14 PM
    You guys are awesome. I hadn't turned off anything through Good Lock. It was just all turned off by default after the update. I was however able to use that GoodLock to turn all those items on. (they were all toggled off).

Thanks again!
    03-21-2019 09:48 PM