03-24-2019 09:22 PM
30 12
tools
    Since installing the PIE update about a week ago on my newer NOTE 9, I've noticed I can't fully operate my Microsoft live, hotmail and outlook apps. I can receive new emails, however I can't go into my ANY of my other folders within the accounts and open them. No matter if it's trash, someone's name or whatever. I took it in to even have my phone flashed which not only didn't resolve the issue, but my phone isn't acting the same anymore....ugh!!! Therefore, if anyone else experienced and have a solution, please help as I rely on my multiple email accounts daily. Thx
    03-24-2019 01:31 PM
    Welcome to the forums. I moved your thread to the Note 9 forum where it'll be easier getting help from other owners.
    03-24-2019 01:35 PM
    Since installing the PIE update about a week ago on my newer NOTE 9, I've noticed I can't fully operate my Microsoft live, hotmail and outlook apps. I can receive new emails, however I can't go into my ANY of my other folders within the accounts and open them. No matter if it's trash, someone's name or whatever. I took it in to even have my phone flashed which not only didn't resolve the issue, but my phone isn't acting the same anymore....ugh!!! Therefore, if anyone else experienced and have a solution, please help as I rely on my multiple email accounts daily. Thx
    Is this through the Samsung email app or stand alone outlook app?
    03-24-2019 01:42 PM
    Just to make sure, I just tried my Outlook app that connects my Hotmail email. I could get into another folder and open an email. I even opened a PDF in Write on PDF app.

Just as an fyi, I have a tmobile locked phone at 128gb.
    03-24-2019 01:54 PM
    Javier P, thank you as this is my first using this service.
    Javier P likes this.
    03-24-2019 02:13 PM
    debdroidla,
    I checked with my friend that has the S8, also on the Pie update, and he said the same as you. All I know is that I didn't have the issue until Pie was installed. I have even uninstalled one of the accounts and reinstalled it only to come to the same outcome. I usually use the "Corpaorate" option when adding a new account with no problems. I'll trying the newer "Outlook 360" to see if I have different luck. Otherwise, I'll wait and see if anyone else may be experiencing my issue. But thank you!
    03-24-2019 02:19 PM
    debdroidla,
    I checked with my friend that has the S8, also on the Pie update, and he said the same as you. All I know is that I didn't have the issue until Pie was installed. I have even uninstalled one of the accounts and reinstalled it only to come to the same outcome. I usually use the "Corpaorate" option when adding a new account with no problems. I'll trying the newer "Outlook 360" to see if I have different luck. Otherwise, I'll wait and see if anyone else may be experiencing my issue. But thank you!
    Try signing out then back into your account
    03-24-2019 02:44 PM
    Trusted Ambassador,
    I have even uninstalled one of the accounts and reinstalled it only to come to the same outcome. I usually use the "Corpaorate" option when adding a new account with no problems. I'll trying the newer "Outlook 360" to see if I have different luck.
    03-24-2019 02:48 PM
    Trusted Ambassador,
    I have even uninstalled one of the accounts and reinstalled it only to come to the same outcome. I usually use the "Corpaorate" option when adding a new account with no problems. I'll trying the newer "Outlook 360" to see if I have different luck.
    Uninstall usually saves your log in information when you sign out then back in it can fix bugs carried over.
    03-24-2019 02:56 PM
    I've had trouble with a couple of apps after updating to pie. I tried clearing the cache partition on a maintenance mode reboot, which had no effect. Also uninstalled/reinstalled the app with no change. Mind you this was not my Outlook mail app with one Hotmail and one Outlook account.

The resolution for the two apps I had issue with was the clear the app data. In both cases this solved the problem.

Settings>apps>outlook>storage>clear data. (You will probably have to reset your login info.)

Maybe even clear app cache while you're there.
    03-24-2019 03:01 PM
    Trusted Ambassador,

First off I did try reinstalling on the "Office 360" option, not "Outlook 360" and it would not allow me to. So then tried the "Hotmail Outlook" and still the same.

Each time I reinstall, I must enter the email address info and then the password. If I missing something from your last response, please explain.
    03-24-2019 03:40 PM
    Trusted Ambassador,

First off I did try reinstalling on the "Office 360" option, not "Outlook 360" and it would not allow me to. So then tried the "Hotmail Outlook" and still the same.

Each time I reinstall, I must enter the email address info and then the password. If I missing something from your last response, please explain.
    Oh ok if it prompted you to re enter the sign in and didn't fix it then this won't work
    03-24-2019 03:42 PM
    Trusted Ambassador,

On my Samsung device's I use Samsung email app to login to my Outlook account have tried this instead of Outlook app?
    03-24-2019 03:46 PM
    Connert,

Not sure if you can see some of my other responses, but from my understanding, when I had the phone flashed, that did clear the cache. In regards to those other instructions, the warning message states that all the data will be deleted permanently, including all files, settings, accounts, databases etc. I'm not trying to lose everything unless I'm not reading this correct. I have years worth of different email addresses info. Is that what's at risk? Thanks!
    03-24-2019 03:53 PM
    Trusted Ambassador,

Wow, I see this thread is starting to get out of sequence and I tried replying to another person before you and I can't get it to post. So any help understanding that being new would help greatly.
    To respond to your question "Is this through the Samsung email app or stand alone outlook app?" I am using the already provided Samsung email app. And then I go into "Add Account". The options it provides me are: Corporate, Hotmail Outlook, Others, yahoo, Office 365, AOL and G Mail Suite. It shows the 3 with a check mark on the top right corners of the envelopes. Hope this answers your question.
    03-24-2019 04:04 PM
    Trusted Ambassador,

Wow, I see this thread is starting to get out of sequence and I tried replying to another person before you and I can't get it to post. So any help understanding that being new would help greatly.
    To respond to your question "Is this through the Samsung email app or stand alone outlook app?" I am using the already provided Samsung email app. And then I go into "Add Account". The options it provides me are: Corporate, Hotmail Outlook, Others, yahoo, Office 365, AOL and G Mail Suite. It shows the 3 with a check mark on the top right corners of the envelopes. Hope this answers your question.
    Ok so issue is with Samsung email app
    Are you using Android Central App ?
    You just tap on the whole post that person response and gives you option to reply with quote so it goes to that specific person .
    I'm going look into the Samsung email see if I come up with something but in meantime if you want you can download the outlook email app and see if it's better for you.
    03-24-2019 04:17 PM
    I've had trouble with a couple of apps after updating to pie. I tried clearing the cache partition on a maintenance mode reboot, which had no effect. Also uninstalled/reinstalled the app with no change. Mind you this was not my Outlook mail app with one Hotmail and one Outlook account.

The resolution for the two apps I had issue with was the clear the app data. In both cases this solved the problem.

Settings>apps>outlook>storage>clear data. (You will probably have to reset your login info.)

Maybe even clear app cache while you're there.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________
    Connert,

Hopefully you'll see because I've tried responding to you twice already, but they never hit the thread. Anyway, not sure if you were able to see some of my other responses, but my understanding is when I had the flash done, that actually cleared the cache.

Regarding the above instructions about clearing data, my warning message says "All of this apps data will be delete permanently. This includes all files, settings, accounts, databases etc." I'm not trying to lose my accounts due to there are years worth history. Unless I'm not understanding the actual meaning. Can you please confirm and / or add to my suspicion.

Thanks
    03-24-2019 04:18 PM
    This "clear data" will only clear the data from your phone. You will then be able to enter your login information the next time you go into the mail app and this should re-download your mail.
    03-24-2019 04:27 PM
    Ok so issue is with Samsung email app
    Are you using Android Central App ?
    You just tap on the whole post that person response and gives you option to reply with quote so it goes to that specific person .
    I'm going look into the Samsung email see if I come up with something but in meantime if you want you can download the outlook email app and see if it's better for you.
    Not on the Android Central App, but got it, thanks!

I'll look into the outlook app and look forward to hearing back from you...thx
    03-24-2019 04:31 PM
    This "clear data" will only clear the data from your phone. You will then be able to enter your login information the next time you go into the mail app and this should re-download your mail.
    What about all the other info like my text, contacts, other apps info etc? It sounds like I'll be wiping the phone. Am I still not getting it?
    03-24-2019 04:34 PM
    Follow this path if you are using the default Samsung email app and it will clear the data from this app only.

Settings>apps>email>storage>clear data Anyone Experinecing PIE Update issues connected to their Microsoft live, hotmail, outlook Apps-screenshot_20190324-174240_settings.jpegAnyone Experinecing PIE Update issues connected to their Microsoft live, hotmail, outlook Apps-screenshot_20190324-174258_settings.jpegAnyone Experinecing PIE Update issues connected to their Microsoft live, hotmail, outlook Apps-screenshot_20190324-174312_settings.jpeg
    03-24-2019 04:44 PM
    Not on the Android Central App, but got it, thanks!

I'll look into the outlook app and look forward to hearing back from you...thx
    Yeah so the Microsoft Outlook app works fine. I now remember when I got the Note 9 that it automatically set me up this way and I didn't like for a multiple email account route especially with the Focus box crap. So I was happy that i was to put them all in independently. Just easier to work with. However, in this case Microsoft Outlook it is for now. Thanks for your input and let me know if you find something.
    03-24-2019 04:56 PM
    Follow this path if you are using the default Samsung email app and it will clear the data from this app only.

Settings>apps>email>storage>clear data Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190324-174240_Settings.jpeg 
Views:	6 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	300864Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190324-174258_Settings.jpeg 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	300865Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190324-174312_Settings.jpeg 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	300866
    I just performed it and it's still the same. I decided to try the Microsoft Outlook app and everything there works fine...interesting. Anyway I will shift my account there until they fix this. I appreciate your input to try and resolve this for me. Thx
    03-24-2019 05:06 PM
    The Outlook app is a very good choice. I use it also. Just happy you have found a solution that works for you.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    03-24-2019 05:35 PM
    I just performed it and it's still the same. I decided to try the Microsoft Outlook app and everything there works fine...interesting. Anyway I will shift my account there until they fix this. I appreciate your input to try and resolve this for me. Thx
    Happy it's working in the Microsoft app hopefully we can figure out the other or might need a update
    03-24-2019 05:50 PM
30 12