Former iPhone users, how is the Note 9?

Nikizzz

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Hi Guys!

Has anyone switched from the iPhone X to the note 9? if so can you tell me about your experiences switching to the note as I am looking to get one in the upcoming days.
For work reasons and as the screen on the X is small.

Ps. iPhone Max does not offer spen so not interested in another iPhone!

Thanks

Nikizzz

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
one more question for you guys

on the messages app does everyone still have the problem where they have to "view all" when they received a long text message?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi Guys!

Has anyone switched from the iPhone X to the note 9? if so can you tell me about your experiences switching to the note as I am looking to get one in the upcoming days.
For work reasons and as the screen on the X is small.

Ps. iPhone Max does not offer spen so not interested in another iPhone!

Thanks

I own both devices
You going like the big screen of the Note 9 ,battery life,spen.. You wont be disappointed

Still have "View All" on long messages

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I own both devices
You going like the big screen of the Note 9 ,battery life,spen.. You wont be disappointed

Still have "View All" on long messages

What are the features you like about your iPhone ? I'd like to hear the viewpoint of somebody who also likes (and is still using)Android phones.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
What are the features you like about your iPhone ? I'd like to hear the viewpoint of somebody who also likes (and is still using)Android phones.

Definitely be happy to answer this ,
Little history I've been using iPhone since iPhone 3 up to the X.

I like Apple's craftmanship, attention to detail. I like when they implement something they do it good. I like their messaging app not for green or blue bubbles but how you use the features and the animoji:))
I like face Id and their security of the phone . iPhone also has a great point and shoot camera/video shooter. I like also how you navigate through the UI with the gestures. And l like face time with other iPhone users which I use a lot.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site

I like Apple's craftmanship, attention to detail. I like when they implement something they do it good. I like their messaging app not for green or blue bubbles but how you use the features and the animoji:))
I like face Id and their security of the phone . iPhone also has a great point and shoot camera/video shooter. I like also how you navigate through the UI with the gestures. And l like face time with other iPhone users which I use a lot.

Thank you very much.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

I think I still prefer my XS Max no matter which Android phone I may end up getting for a lot of the same reasons. I've been an iPhone user since the very first iPhone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I think I still prefer my XS Max no matter which Android phone I may end up getting for a lot of the same reasons. I've been an iPhone user since the very first iPhone.

I've always liked Apple and they been extremely good to me without warranty . I'll always keep both platforms as long as I can they offer something I like in each of them

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I LOVE FaceID, its so easy to use and it works really well! Face detection on my S10 Plus is just not the same.

eaknet

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I switched from an iPhone X to the Note 9. IMO, Apple has just stagnated as far as OS development. I bought an iPhone Xs, turned it on, and said, "Meh. Still an iPhone." This was coming from a 6s, which could do 98% of everything the Xs could. FaceID is nice and works well, but I'm just as happy to use the fingerprint sensor on the Note. The Note facial recognition is inferior to the iPhone, so I just don't use it.

The Note has a much larger display, ability to use all the flexibility of the current Android OS, and I find I use the pen more often than I had thought. Android messages for the web is so much better for me than iMessage.

Beansr519

Nov 28, 2018
Visit site
I switched from an iPhone X to the Note 9. IMO, Apple has just stagnated as far as OS development. I bought an iPhone Xs, turned it on, and said, "Meh. Still an iPhone." This was coming from a 6s, which could do 98% of everything the Xs could. FaceID is nice and works well, but I'm just as happy to use the fingerprint sensor on the Note. The Note facial recognition is inferior to the iPhone, so I just don't use it.

The Note has a much larger display, ability to use all the flexibility of the current Android OS, and I find I use the pen more often than I had thought. Android messages for the web is so much better for me than iMessage.

I agree with you 2000%, apple has become very stagnant. But i never tried the Face ID for apple (i had the 8plus), but the Note 9 face and iris recognition works very well for me...glasses,beard and all! lol!

MarineDawg

May 7, 2017
Visit site
one more question for you guys

on the messages app does everyone still have the problem where they have to "view all" when they received a long text message?

I use FB Messenger as my default message app and I don't recall ever seeing a "view all" option.

eaknet

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you 2000%, apple has become very stagnant. But i never tried the Face ID for apple (i had the 8plus), but the Note 9 face and iris recognition works very well for me...glasses,beard and all! lol!
The Note face recognition works fine, it's just not as fast and smooth as Apple. I find the fingerprint to be quicker than the Note facial recognition, so I just ignore that function is there.

Nikizzz

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
I use FB Messenger as my default message app and I don't recall ever seeing a "view all" option.

If you use the default message app and receive a big text galaxy cuts it down into a few sentences then to see the rest you have to click “view all”
Whereas the iPhone doesn’t matter how long the text is comes up as one bubble

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12