04-05-2019 06:08 PM
31 12
tools
    Since the update my phone no longer retains Bluetooth connections and passwords. The calendar has died, my screensaver (bought on Samsung Themes) has gone haywire, the secondary screens and apps are screwed up. YES I've restarted, YES I've tried re-entering all my bluetooth connections...every day for 9 days (?).

So, is it my responsibility to repair damage to my $1000 6 month old phone caused by sloppy software developers? Or, does anyone have a number to call at Samsung?
    03-26-2019 11:20 AM
    Since the update my phone no longer retains Bluetooth connections and passwords. The calendar has died, my screensaver (bought on Samsung Themes) has gone haywire, the secondary screens and apps are screwed up. YES I've restarted, YES I've tried re-entering all my bluetooth connections...every day for 9 days (?).

So, is it my responsibility to repair damage to my $1000 6 month old phone caused by sloppy software developers? Or, does anyone have a number to call at Samsung?
    Some things in Theme store haven't been updated to pie yet for screen saver, bluetooth problem had issues until feburary patch , are you on that? And calendar what issues you having?
    jimd1050 likes this.
    03-26-2019 12:35 PM
    What you might have to do is backup your data to either Samsung, Google or back it up to your computer and do a factory reset. That'll usually smooth things out really well.
    kevinpleasants and Just Bill like this.
    03-26-2019 05:37 PM
    Worst case scenario; if your carrier pushed the update and it bricked your phone, it would be on them. If it's sideloaded or obtained by other means then it's on you.
    Just Bill likes this.
    03-26-2019 06:08 PM
    03-26-2019 06:14 PM
    Bluetooth problems persist with March update 😩
    03-26-2019 08:06 PM
    Why would this possibly be Samsungs fault??? I'm sorry but that's ridiculous.
    TechNut79 likes this.
    03-26-2019 09:46 PM
    Did you also try wiping the cache partition? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-38222
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    03-27-2019 12:35 AM
    I must be the lucky one. I've had zero problems with pie on VZW, not unlocked.
    smooches680 and Beansr519 like this.
    03-27-2019 12:46 AM
    Some things in Theme store haven't been updated to pie yet for screen saver, bluetooth problem had issues until feburary patch , are you on that? And calendar what issues you having?
    Yes. That's the minor of my problems. The worst is Bluetooth. It doesn't retain connections in memory nor the passwords. I rely on my Samsung for business and MUST have bluetooth connections to corporate computers, printers and databases. But, including my personal devices. It now only retains the codes for my Gear Fit2 watch....that's it. I've tried everything short of nuking the phone and starting from scratch. That would be a bad thing. I'm wondering how it is a major corporation does not guarantee updates and quickly repair the damage done by their firmware/software. I want a song to man up and repair my $1000, 6 month old phone. The theme problem is that maker's mistake, and I believe Googkes calendar can be managed. But its SAMSUNGS update that wrecked my phone's major feature not mine.
    03-27-2019 02:06 AM
    Yes. That's the minor of my problems. The worst is Bluetooth. It doesn't retain connections in memory nor the passwords. I rely on my Samsung for business and MUST have bluetooth connections to corporate computers, printers and databases. But, including my personal devices. It now only retains the codes for my Gear Fit2 watch....that's it. I've tried everything short of nuking the phone and starting from scratch. That would be a bad thing. I'm wondering how it is a major corporation does not guarantee updates and quickly repair the damage done by their firmware/software. I want a song to man up and repair my $1000, 6 month old phone. The theme problem is that maker's mistake, and I believe Googkes calendar can be managed. But its SAMSUNGS update that wrecked my phone's major feature not mine.
    Can you tell me a little about your phone , meaning is it a carrier or unlocked version ? Also sometimes when you have issues from updating to major OS it's good to factory reset to clear out old cache and data from previous firmware.
    debdroid1a and pizza_pablo like this.
    03-27-2019 10:09 AM
    It would also help to know what you've specifically tried. Otherwise, people will suggest things that you've already tried, which can be frustrating for you.
    pizza_pablo and mustang7757 like this.
    03-27-2019 10:43 AM

No one will offer to replace your phone until and unless you have done a factory reset to see if the problem persists. I would suggest backing up your data now and doing the factory reset yourself without having to run around.
    03-27-2019 10:54 AM
    No. it should not be yours! Morally No. Its a really sad thing.
    03-28-2019 07:34 AM
    If it is under a year old you have a life vest of sorts, but you are in a position in where Samsung holds all the cards on this one my friend. If you call them up and explain the situation, Samsung will help you, but once in your phone they can tell if your problem originated with their update.
    Samsung has improved Customer Service and hopefully you will have a painless operation and wish you luck.
    And of course if you bought it at Best Buy and bought Geek Squad protection, then you are good to go. I have personally watched folks by insurance on a 800 buck TV, but decline it on an 1100 buck phone.
    03-29-2019 03:50 PM
    I forgot to mention that "Bluetooth" is not a seamless operation or would you want it to be. Everyday I pair my Sony or Bose headphones and at times it takes up 15 seconds of my time. I do not need bluetooth to be on all the time, as it wastes battery. Bluetooth problems usually can be traced back to the user and the phone CANNOT handle more than two bluetooth devices at the same time.
    03-29-2019 04:05 PM
    Is it my responsibility to repair damage to my 00 note9 caused by faulty a Android Pie update?-screenshot_20190325-092346_samsung-members.jpg

I haven't had Bluetooth issues since doing this (knock on wood).
    03-29-2019 08:56 PM
    Factory reset your phone. Software generally does not damage hardware.

I wager your phone will be fine after reset with no need to be fixed.

Regards,
    R
    03-30-2019 08:22 AM
    I'm sorry but complaining about it and not giving any useful information for us to help you with is not making your situation any better.
    pizza_pablo likes this.
    03-30-2019 01:23 PM
    I'm sorry but complaining about it and not giving any useful information for us to help you with is not making your situation any better.
    I believe post #10 is the OP after registering.
    strikeIII likes this.
    03-30-2019 04:44 PM

I'd start with the carrier and go from there to Samsung.
    If you have insurance they may just issue a replacement phone.
    03-30-2019 04:57 PM
    The bluetooth problems can probably be fixed by a simple factory reset. Back up your phone on either Samsung, Google, or use SmartSwitch to back it up to your computer. Then try a factory reset and restore.
    The Calendar probably hasn't died. More than likely, you are using a theme that you downloaded that was designed PRIOR to One UI coming out. Either delete the Theme, or just turn it off. If you want a theme, download another one from the store but MAKE SURE THAT IT IS DESIGNED FOR ONE UI!! If that doesn't work, simply turn dark mode on. Settings>Display>Night mode.
    03-30-2019 08:27 PM
    Worst case scenario; if your carrier pushed the update and it bricked your phone, it would be on them. If it's sideloaded or obtained by other means then it's on you.
    Not exactly true. Years ago I had a phone from a certain fruit company. They sent out an OTA update that turned my phone into a brick (along with many others). When I called them and reported this, I was told that the new OS wouldn't run on my phone. So I asked them to roll it back since they admitted that it wouldn't run on it and since they are the ones that sent it out. They refused. I asked what my alternatives were. They said buy a new phone. So I did. I bought a Samsung Note 3 and never looked back.
    msndrstood and tube517 like this.
    03-31-2019 06:47 AM
    My Note 8 got corrupted by a failed update, was running perfectly beforehand. Always carry Asurion extended warranty. Verizon manager came on the line with the rep and he replaced my Note 8... with... a Note 9. And I never requested it. Best of luck with the OP finding a positive solution.
    03-31-2019 07:40 AM
    I've never had any issues with any repair or replacement with Assurion.
    Screen repair $29.00
    Everything else, they would replace the phone if warranted, or repair it right in store.
    03-31-2019 10:59 AM
31 12