Samsung Talk to Text

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I use the Samsung keyboard to type and sometimes hit the microphone icon to use Samsung talk to text.

How can I teach talk to text a new word? I want to say Demoulas which is a popular grocery store in my area. Samsung keyboard underlines it in red and Samsung talk to text butchers it into all sorts of words.

Thanks for your help.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I use the Samsung keyboard to type and sometimes hit the microphone icon to use Samsung talk to text.

How can I teach talk to text a new word? I want to say Demoulas which is a popular grocery store in my area. Samsung keyboard underlines it in red and Samsung talk to text butchers it into all sorts of words.

Thanks for your help.

I use Google talk to text in Samsung keyboard

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
But isn't there a way to add a word to the Samsung dictionary? I can't find a way but every other phone I've owned let you manually add words to the built in dictionary. Usually you can long press an underlined word but that does nothing useful in Sammy .

Also it would be nice to use the microphone icon built into Sammy keyboard rather than actually changing to google voice to text keyboard if I am driving. It requires hitting the keyboard icon at the bottom then finding Google voice to text on the screen. Too many steps requiring too much attention if driving

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
But isn't there a way to add a word to the Samsung dictionary? I can't find a way but every other phone I've owned let you manually add words to the built in dictionary. Usually you can long press an underlined word but that does nothing useful in Sammy .

Also it would be nice to use the microphone icon built into Sammy keyboard rather than actually changing to google voice to text keyboard if I am driving. It requires hitting the keyboard icon at the bottom then finding Google voice to text on the screen. Too many steps requiring too much attention if driving

Samsung voice to text is a mess
I use the Samsung keyboard with its mic to use Google voice to text

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Got ya.

And for the Samsung keyboard dictionary (forget voice for a moment) no way to add a word?

Type whatever word it is, tap on it when it displays in the predictive text line and it saves to your dictionary. To remove a saved word type it, when it displays in the middle of the predictive text line, tap and hold and you’ll get an option to remove it from saved words.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The word does not appear on the predictive text line
The word is Demoulas. Your technique works in Gboard and Swiftkey but not Samsung Keyboard.

I posted a pic. Notice the word Demoulas not among the choices.

Last edited:

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Weird my pics won't show

d0fdd5c12da6155d7d8a5633b895e9af.jpg

Last edited:

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I finally got it working in Samsung keyboard. I cleared app cache then phone cache and now Demoulas comes out as a choice.

Oops I chose it but when I type it again I get the red underline again and again it doesn't come out as a choice. I hope Pie didn't screw up my keyboard.