Verizon btw Verizon new call filter?

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
So I keep reading Verizon is providing this free now. I've already got the app on my phone but it's still saying $2.99/month. Is there a way to get it free yet?

Rhyalus

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
And of course, my unlocked phone on Verizon is reported as not being compatible with the free filter.

This whole unlocked thing is really BS. I get that Verizon can’t assure that OS builds not done by them may not be able to do everything, but why not allow some core changes or packages to support these phones better?!

R

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I have an unlocked IPhone X on VZW and I was able to install the app and activate everything successfully. I’ve heard from other members that the website may say it’s not compatible but it will still work.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Here is a direct link to the free and non free features.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ions-and-services/call-filter/&token=0n18S-AF

Another way to block unwanted spam calls is to set your Do Not Disturb to only allow your contacts to call through. Anyone who is not a contact but is a legitimate caller will leave you a message. I had to do this to my mom's phone. She is elderly and now she does not even realize when a spam call arrives. Yes, it is in the call log but they don't leave messages and we don't have to worry about her picking up the phone when someone on the other end is trying to do her harm.

BMWBig6

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Verizon doesn't make it easy. But here's how I found the free version:

1) Open your Verizon Call Filter app on your phone
2) Press on the three horizontal lines = in the top left corner by "Recent Activity" to expand the main menu
3) Press "Account"
4) Press "Subscription Status"
5) At the bottom of the screen (if you're not currently a subscriber), you'll see "Other options" below "Subscribe Now"--this is where the free version can be selected.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

2) Press on the three horizontal lines = in the top left corner by "Recent Activity" to expand the main menu
3) Press "Account"
5) At the bottom of the screen (if you're not currently a subscriber), you'll see "Other options" below "Subscribe Now"--this is where the free version can be selected.

Good find!
Thanks for sharing!

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site

3) Press "Account"

This worked! Thanks for the help!!

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
activated the service this morning. so far got 2 spam calls today that came through looking like a local call. I guess this service doesn't work real well lol