Note 9 SD card sideloads /firmware how to.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm making this thread for all Note9 versions Att/Verizon/Sprint/Tmobile/Unlocked. We can all share things here instead of clogging up other threads . Anyone can help and pitch in to help others .

Edit: See if I can make this a stickies

V Marotts

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
I have a question I hope someone can answer. I did the sd card sideload of the December security update for my ATT note 9. It now lists my current security as December, with the ARL2 patch. I still cannot update. Now I went to ATT and they said that they would warranty out the phone since I cannot update it and it/was stuck on November, now December. First is there any way that they can tell I did the sd card update as opposed to their official update? Second, why would the fix that seems to have worked for some not work for me? I have tried the date change as well as the SD card update, but still tells me my software is up to date. I would appreciate any help, thanks. Lastly, might the install of a non ATT official security patch void my warranty? Any thoughts?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have a question I hope someone can answer. I did the sd card sideload of the December security update for my ATT note 9. It now lists my current security as December, with the ARL2 patch. I still cannot update. Now I went to ATT and they said that they would warranty out the phone since I cannot update it and it/was stuck on November, now December. First is there any way that they can tell I did the sd card update as opposed to their official update? Second, why would the fix that seems to have worked for some not work for me? I have tried the date change as well as the SD card update, but still tells me my software is up to date. I would appreciate any help, thanks. Lastly, might the install of a non ATT official security patch void my warranty? Any thoughts?
You have nothing to worry about because all the SD card updates are official, for some reason some Att model don't update until you get into Pie. You can continue to SD card for pie update which was CSAA and then should update from there or get your warranty device it's up to you.

V Marotts

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
So that third update at https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-9/940571-t-note-9-not-updating-2.html should get me up to a state where I can do an att update, or am I going to probably run into the same issues as before? What is the issue, Samsung says it is ATT, ATT says Samsung is the issue, neither Best Buy nor ATT can do a force update, they both said, and Samsung said I might be able to get an update at an official service center, which is a 40 minute drive from me. What is going on?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So that third update at https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-9/940571-t-note-9-not-updating-2.html should get me up to a state where I can do an att update, or am I going to probably run into the same issues as before? What is the issue, Samsung says it is ATT, ATT says Samsung is the issue, neither Best Buy nor ATT can do a force update, they both said, and Samsung said I might be able to get an update at an official service center, which is a 40 minute drive from me. What is going on?

Att can't force a update to a single phone. I think the issue is from Att end.
Best buy SAMSUNG service center should be able load up the latest file.
Once you get the SD card update from that link to CSAA you should be good to go from there .

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Can y'all tell me how to use odin again? I swear I just did it for the March update and now I'm having a huge brain fart. Lol