What the F$%* is this noise?!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, the link says "Video unavailable." Can you try again?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Oh no. Thanks so much for letting me know, and for the welcome! :)

I've made the video public now hopefully it will play for you now. Thanks!
Welcome to the forums. What phone do you have? In some devices you can access the notification log very easily and check if that sound left a record in there.

EmptyAtoms

Apr 6, 2019
Visit site
It's a note 9 running android version 9. I did hear about that but I don't think I can get it. But thank you all the same, I definitely should've mentioned what phone it is also so thanks for asking.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
It's a note 9 running android version 9. I did hear about that but I don't think I can get it. But thank you all the same, I definitely should've mentioned what phone it is also so thanks for asking.
Yeah, it's not that easy creating a shortcut for the notification log on Samsung devices. You would need a custom launcher like Nova or any other shortcut creator with access to the system activities.

I'll move your thread to the Note 9 forum for better visibility.

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it's not that easy creating a shortcut for the notification log on Samsung devices. You would need a custom launcher like Nova or any other shortcut creator with access to the system activities.

I'll move your thread to the Note 9 forum for better visibility.

it sounds like a notification depending on your response to mustang. Go to the Galaxy Store and download Good Lock. Once installed open it and click on the Family tab at the bottom and choose Nice Catch. This app will track all notifications (vibration, ringtone, toast, etc.). This helped me to narrow down an app that was giving mysterious vibrations w/o a notification in the panel (it was Webex that I use for work conferences).

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
it sounds like a notification depending on your response to mustang. Go to the Galaxy Store and download Good Lock. Once installed open it and click on the Family tab at the bottom and choose Nice Catch. This app will track all notifications (vibration, ringtone, toast, etc.). This helped me to narrow down an app that was giving mysterious vibrations w/o a notification in the panel (it was Webex that I use for work conferences).

I guess Nice Catch is only available for Pie. No luck finding in on or out of Good Lock on my VZW Note 9 / Oreo.

EmptyAtoms

Apr 6, 2019
Visit site
It doesn't seem to ever sound when the phone isn't being touched. I may be wrong here but I have no memory of it happening when the screen is locked for example.

Whereas when Im using the touchscreen, it can happen over and over again, like 10 times in as many seconds.

Thanks to Javier there for directing this to the right audience too. I really appreciate the suggestions guys. This sound is driving me up the wall. :p

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It doesn't seem to ever sound when the phone isn't being touched. I may be wrong here but I have no memory of it happening when the screen is locked for example.

Whereas when Im using the touchscreen, it can happen over and over again, like 10 times in as many seconds.

Thanks to Javier there for directing this to the right audience too. I really appreciate the suggestions guys. This sound is driving me up the wall. :p

Have you download Nice Catch from Galaxy play store and checked what's happening?