I got a new Jeep Renegade about a week and a half ago Android auto was set up that day and I was able to use my maps on my phone on the display in the Jeep. Then it would occasionally not show as Android connect and only show the maps on the phone. I re-downloaded Android auto and reconnected the car with my phone as a new device. I can't seem to get the car added as a device on my phone though. Could this possibly just be a USB cord issue? Anybody with experience it will be gratefully appreciated
    04-07-2019 12:21 PM
    04-07-2019 12:24 PM
    I got a new Jeep Renegade about a week and a half ago Android auto was set up that day and I was able to use my maps on my phone on the display in the Jeep. Then it would occasionally not show as Android connect and only show the maps on the phone. I re-downloaded Android auto and reconnected the car with my phone as a new device. I can't seem to get the car added as a device on my phone though. Could this possibly just be a USB cord issue? Anybody with experience it will be gratefully appreciated
    I dont use andriod auto, my mustang I use my sync. Have you tried different cable ? Does your head unit in the car need a update?
    04-07-2019 04:14 PM
    I dont use andriod auto, my mustang I use my sync. Have you tried different cable ? Does your head unit in the car need a update?
    I tried a brand new cable made by Anker today didn't seem to make a difference I can check and see if it needs an update I think I can do that in the touchscreen menu
    04-07-2019 04:19 PM
    I tried a brand new cable made by Anker today didn't seem to make a difference I can check and see if it needs an update I think I can do that in the touchscreen menu
    Yeah should be able to, also maybe try keep AA from battery optimized setting .
    04-07-2019 04:26 PM
    I uninstalled Android Auto on the phone, unpaired the car, on the car I had it forget the phone, then reinstalled everything. Working fine since.
    04-07-2019 10:02 PM
    I uninstalled Android Auto on the phone, unpaired the car, on the car I had it forget the phone, then reinstalled everything. Working fine since.
    Good to know for others, glad its working now .
    04-07-2019 10:23 PM
    Good to know for others, glad its working now .
    Weird - like it just quit working after it was working. Dumped and reinstalled everything and it's been good to go since.
    04-08-2019 10:04 AM
    Weird - like it just quit working after it was working. Dumped and reinstalled everything and it's been good to go since.
    Really, that's strange
    Did you take AA out of battery optimized?
    04-08-2019 10:19 AM
    Really, that's strange
    Did you take AA out of battery optimized?
    No. I just uninstalled AA from the phone, unpaired the car, deleted the phone from the car, them reset everything back up.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    04-11-2019 04:47 AM
    I've had the same issue on my Ram truck and had to reset the radio in the truck to get it working again.
    04-11-2019 09:04 AM
    same issue with my Note 9...I donno what's wrong with the phone...wifi issue also is really bugging...on my mate 20 pro wifi works fine only on my note 9 it gives issue...android auto worked like a charm on my mate 20 pro but note 9 keeps giving issue...
    04-14-2019 11:16 AM
    Try resetting the network settings in General Mgt>reset>network settings. I've had a few Bluetooth issues which doing this has resolved them.
    04-15-2019 10:19 AM
    It could be usb cable, although I've found 2 things.helpful after checking the quality of the cable. First is to allow USB debugging. To do this go to
    Settings/system/developer options/ then scroll and toggle USB debugging to the on position. Next, before I connect my phone to the USB in the car, I have to go in and change USB configuration from charging to MTP (media transfer protocol). To do this settings/system/developer options. Then scroll to "select USB configuration". Tap it, change to MTP. This has to be done every time you enter the car. It's a problem with the Android updates that has changed something and you need to do this every time. Hope this helps.
    05-04-2019 12:46 PM
    Update, after last factory reset, it has consistently been connecting and staying on android auto.
    05-05-2019 09:24 AM