I am not able to place my S-pen in my Note 9 as I accidentally got glue in the hole when I tried to fix a broken S-pen (yes I am an *****). My question, if I were to get a front screen replacement. Will that repair give me a new S-pen housing and fix this issue?
    04-10-2019 09:51 PM
    That may be a hard to answer unless someone is familiar with the process. I would ask a repair center and if that is not convenient search for a tear down video from UbreakIfix
    04-10-2019 10:16 PM
    I am not able to place my S-pen in my Note 9 as I accidentally got glue in the hole when I tried to fix a broken S-pen (yes I am an *****). My question, if I were to get a front screen replacement. Will that repair give me a new S-pen housing and fix this issue?
    Depending how much glue you got in there, I would try a hair dryer on the side where the spen sits in and slowly try take the pen out , if not then a repair center like Mike said.
    04-10-2019 10:30 PM
    Depending how much glue you got in there, I would try a hair dryer on the side where the spen sits in and slowly try take the pen out , if not then a repair center like Mike said.
    The pen is not stuck in the phone. The pen has been removed. Since there is still remnants of the glue, (unfortunately it was super glue) I am no able to re insert my new pen back into the phone.
    04-10-2019 10:45 PM
    The pen is not stuck in the phone. The pen has been removed. Since there is still remnants of the glue, (unfortunately it was super glue) I am no able to re insert my new pen back into the phone.
    Oh , maybe try something thin and same length as the spen and warming it up on the side and see if you can get some of it out but not going be easy
    04-10-2019 10:48 PM
    Use a cotton swab with acetone. It will soften and dissolve super glue, but it can be a bit slow. Don't try to use too much at one time. Acetone can be pretty harsh on certain plastics (ABS being the most common) and I have no idea if there may be something inside that could be dissolved by it. I'd go get it at a hardware store. The stuff in nail polish remover may be diluted. Use it with plenty of ventilation and use gloves. Depending on how deep the glue is, you may need to get swaps with longer handles than your typical Q-Tip.
    kct1975 and thecomicbookandme like this.
    04-11-2019 12:14 AM
    Use a cotton swab with acetone. It will soften and dissolve super glue, but it can be a bit slow. Don't try to use too much at one time. Acetone can be pretty harsh on certain plastics (ABS being the most common) and I have no idea if there may be something inside that could be dissolved by it. I'd go get it at a hardware store. The stuff in nail polish remover may be diluted. Use it with plenty of ventilation and use gloves. Depending on how deep the glue is, you may need to get swaps with longer handles than your typical Q-Tip.
    I wouldn't chance the acetone with plastic
    04-11-2019 01:10 AM
    I agree that harsh chemicals around your device is a bad idea. No matter how safe you think you're being a single drop can ruin your day in all kinds of ways. Meanwhile the good and bad thing about super glue is it dries hard like plastic... This polymer is great for holding things together but has a weakness which is that it is not flexible. If you can see the drop that is holding you up you almost surely can remove it. A wooden skewer or chop stick would be my weapon of choice. If it doesn't have a flat end, like a squared off end, not a pointy one because you are not going to be able to angle the tip in there to hit the protrusion, so you'll want an end that is flat or you'll have to make one, by cutting the tip off. You'll want to do this at a fat or meaty part of the skewer or chop stick to give it the most strength. Then slide in until you make contact with the blob and holding it against the wall that the blob sits on push firmly, both towards the wall and down onto the blob, perhaps rocking side to side or up and down to get it to shear off at the facet point, which will be where it contacts the wall. If it's not too deep in the hole, you wouldn't want to drive the wood into the bottom of the hole and possibly into the phone, and you trust your judgement you could also try to strike it sharply, being careful not to drive it into the phone. Honestly at this point you're looking at replacing parts or not having the pen so really attempting this your self isn't all that far out of the question. If it works, and I strongly believe that it will, you get off just feeling silly. If it doesn't then you're looking at a repair and still feeling silly but having to face someone and explaining what happened...

You could put a drop of super glue on some sacrificial piece of plastic and attempt to remove it in the manor I described and that way you can see what force is needed and in which direction and how it will work before attacking your phone.
    04-11-2019 05:39 AM
    Maybe get a small rat tail file and just reach into the pen opening and file the glue down until it can fit.
    04-11-2019 03:08 PM
    I am so sure it is Samsung's defect! After one drop, mine came loose!
    04-12-2019 05:32 PM
    Did you read the original post?
    pizza_pablo and J_appoll like this.
    04-12-2019 09:02 PM
    Here is the OP:
    How is this the fault of Samsung, exactly?
    04-12-2019 10:38 PM
    This comment will not be of help (now) to the person who opened this thread.

4 weeks ago I dozed off while using my Note 9. I woke up, picked up my phone and reflexly(😀) tried to remove the S Pen. Uh oh. It wasn't there. I was lying on my bed so I started feeling for it, trying not to move my trunk. ("You're looking at a possible 25K Naira [$70] bill" flashed through my mind. I couldn't find it. My left hip moved slightly and I heard THE CRACK. Yep. I'd found my missing S Pen- by breaking it. I thought about using super glue since the 2 fragments apposed well. (No S Pen warranty in Nigeria; anyway it was my fault). What if the glued junction later weakened? I could possibly be left with a portion of the S Pen in its holster and no way to remove it by myself. I decided the risk wasn't worth taking. Ordered an original replacement S Pen. Was irritable for the rest of the day. Got it 24 hours later for 27K Naira ($73). I'd lost the spring in the broken S Pen but still super glued the portions. Reset the phone to multiple S Pen mode. Only functionality lacking now with the original S Pen is remote control.

What am I saying ?! After spending $864(311K Naira) cash down to buy the phone I'd rather spend the extra $70 than possibly lose S Pen utility. Shout out to all the "brave" people taking their Note 9 phones into the shower and underwater. 🧐
    Is it worth it?
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    04-13-2019 05:59 AM