Note 9 still rulles!

wilsodw

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
I have s10+ and the S10E and I can honestly say IMO the Note 9 rulles....Unless the NOTE 10 IS beter I will be back on the 9.......again JMO

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I went to the S10+ from the note 9 and I say the S10+ rules. I tried going back to the note 9, and I thought it was slow after using the S10. That's just my opinion though, that's why there are more then one phone out there.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
My Note 9 is still very much a good user experience with no lags to my eyes or user experience.

If the Note 10 brings more to my user experience then I'll buy it but not just for bragging rites ! ;)

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Note10 is bound to be a fair big upgrade whether you are on a Note 9 or a Note 8 still.
With the rumours of next generation, twice as fast storage and ram being also more power efficient it is starting to look a fair good *sidegrade* to the S10+ as well, especially if Samsung also manage to reclaim the king of mobile cameras from Huawei

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Note10 is bound to be a fair big upgrade whether you are on a Note 9 or a Note 8 still.
With the rumours of next generation, twice as fast storage and ram being also more power efficient it is starting to look a fair good *sidegrade* to the S10+ as well, especially if Samsung also manage to reclaim the king of mobile cameras from Huawei
Start saving your money. I see a substantial price increase for all that and the rumors, and for a phone, it's basically overkill IMO. I'm not saying I won't buy one, but not as sure as I usually am. It's getting to be such a stupid cycle anymore. The S series releases with new, mostly minimal new features, then the note releases with the same and a few more extras, then here comes the S series with the note features and a few extras, and then here comes the note again, repeat.

Basically the note and S series are the same phone, the note gets the S pen. So now I find myself asking why I'm spending over $2,000 a year on 2 phones. Even though I can afford to do so, why. With that said, there's a good chance I will be getting the note 10. I'm hoping to avoid the preorder nonsense this time, wait approx a month and get a better deal.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'm sure the Pro model will be an arm and a leg plus maybe a kidney on top of that :)
I'll be getting one anyway since I skipped the Note 9 and have no real interest in the S models.
I can see it coming though that I'll probably have to cough up 800 or so, even after using provider/carrier upgrade discount entering a new 2 year contract, my 2nd Note 8 was only 400 that way but the way pricing has gone since then it wouldn't surprise me at all.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Start saving your money. I see a substantial price increase for all that and the rumors, and for a phone, it's basically overkill IMO. I'm not saying I won't buy one, but not as sure as I usually am. It's getting to be such a stupid cycle anymore. The S series releases with new, mostly minimal new features, then the note releases with the same and a few more extras, then here comes the S series with the note features and a few extras, and then here comes the note again, repeat.

Basically the note and S series are the same phone, the note gets the S pen. So now I find myself asking why I'm spending over $2,000 a year on 2 phones. Even though I can afford to do so, why. With that said, there's a good chance I will be getting the note 10. I'm hoping to avoid the preorder nonsense this time, wait approx a month and get a better deal.

Well, why ARE you spending $2k a year on 2 phones? Both phones were always intended to target different folks but some people have the urge to update every 6 months which to me is the real curiosity. So, I don’t get why it’s a “stupid cycle” when it is the choice of the customer to choose what they want and really not the expectation by Samsung for people to switch back and forth models every half year.

Usually the only reason people do upgrade with each S and Note is to have the latest and greatest and if that is what you want, then there is your reason. This year is no different - each brings some new features with every iteration with one model having a stylus.

I’ve always said that I don’t understand how folks just don’t mind going through and setting up a new phone every 6 months so they can have the newest thing out there rather than just wait the full year when they know they’re probably coming back to the Note which will typically have those newest features and possibly more. If you think you have to brace for the price of the Note 10, then imagine how much you’ll have to brace for when the S11 comes out.

I may not use it 24/7 but I love the stylus and I’m sticking with the Note as long as they make it.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well, why ARE you spending $2k a year on 2 phones? Both phones were always intended to target different folks but some people have the urge to update every 6 months which to me is the real curiosity. So, I don’t get why it’s a “stupid cycle” when it is the choice of the customer to choose what they want and really not the expectation by Samsung for people to switch back and forth models every half year.

Usually the only reason people do upgrade with each S and Note is to have the latest and greatest and if that is what you want, then there is your reason. This year is no different - each brings some new features with every iteration with one model having a stylus.

I’ve always said that I don’t understand how folks just don’t mind going through and setting up a new phone every 6 months so they can have the newest thing out there rather than just wait the full year when they know they’re probably coming back to the Note which will typically have those newest features and possibly more. If you think you have to brace for the price of the Note 10, then imagine how much you’ll have to brace for when the S11 comes out.

I may not use it 24/7 but I love the stylus and I’m sticking with the Note as long as they make it.
You missed my point. The differences between are the s pen. If you don't need the s pen, you will basically have the same phone with the s series. So the targeted audiences is.. s pen or no s pen. I know, note owners don't like to hear that the note is a s series phone with a s pen, but basically it is.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
You missed my point. The differences between are the s pen. If you don't need the s pen, you will basically have the same phone with the s series. So the targeted audiences is.. s pen or no s pen. I know, note owners don't like to hear that the note to a s series phone with a s pen, but basically it is.

I don’t think I missed the point because that’s exactly the point I was trying to make. If you want the s pen, then you go with the Note. So I am not sure why people who want the s pen moved from the a Note 9 to the S10 that doesn’t have the s pen. It sounds like that’s what you did unless I read your original message wrong when you said about plunking down $2k per year. I thought you were lamenting about how costly it was going to be to go from the S10 to the Note 10.

I don’t understand your last sentence because I think all Note owners know that the only main difference between the S series and the Note nowadays is the s pen.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I don’t think I missed the point because that’s exactly the point I was trying to make. If you want the s pen, then you go with the Note. So I am not sure why people who want the s pen moved from the a Note 9 to the S10 that doesn’t have the s pen. It sounds like that’s what you did unless I read your original message wrong when you said about plunking down $2k per year. I thought you were lamenting about how costly it was going to be to go from the S10 to the Note 10.

I don’t understand your last sentence because I think all Note owners know that the only main difference between the S series and the Note nowadays is the s pen.
Good deal. Awesome

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Feel the same about my Note 8 :)

With Pie I don't really see a huge leap of difference with the S10 series with basically the same UI. I certainly don't see any difference with my buddies Note 9 (I wouldn't mind stereo speakers though :p).

The 8 will be left behind I guess when Q comes out but where talking 12 months so may be time for upgrade then or see when Note 10 releases if worth it. I'll only be interested if there really is a smaller model.

I have s10+ and the S10E and I can honestly say IMO the Note 9 rulles....Unless the NOTE 10 IS beter I will be back on the 9.......again JMO

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
You missed my point. The differences between are the s pen. If you don't need the s pen, you will basically have the same phone with the s series. So the targeted audiences is.. s pen or no s pen. I know, note owners don't like to hear that the note is a s series phone with a s pen, but basically it is.

Ain't no way I'm buying 2 of the same so called phone a year. Lmao y'all kill me with that old worn out line. While you may not see it this way some 100% loyal note fans find it disrespectful coming in here saying only thing our phone has is spen. Well it mean more than that to us than the people that switch back and forth. More power to the people that wants to spend money on same phones twice a year then lmao. It is their right. You couldn't even pay me to leave the note just to buy another so called same phone. Sorry for rant but had to get that off my chest. Lol. Peace

note1note9

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
Ain't no way I'm buying 2 of the same so called phone a year. Lmao y'all kill me with that old worn out line. While you may not see it this way some 100% loyal note fans find it disrespectful coming in here saying only thing our phone has is spen. Well it mean more than that to us than the people that switch back and forth. More power to the people that wants to spend money on same phones twice a year then lmao. It is their right. You couldn't even pay me to leave the note just to buy another so called same phone. Sorry for rant but had to get that off my chest. Lol. Peace

The footprint of the phone is also different imo. The note series looks like a solid brick (in a good way), while the S series as well as every other phone out in the market just looks that bit more subtle.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
The footprint of the phone is also different imo. The note series looks like a solid brick (in a good way), while the S series as well as every other phone out in the market just looks that bit more subtle.

I agree 100%. I love my note lol. Note phones are the only phone that can keep my attention lol. Only thing that s10 has that I want the note10 to have is...what is it called? Where you can charge another phone on the back of the s10. See how much I pay attention to the s series. Lol.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I agree 100%. I love my note lol. Note phones are the only phone that can keep my attention lol. Only thing that s10 has that I want the note10 to have is...what is it called? Where you can charge another phone on the back of the s10. See how much I pay attention to the s series. Lol.

Power share lol

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Do you have to charge the s10 alot from using the power share? I know you can charge the gear buds and Galaxy active watch on it but is the s10 the only phone that can charge on another s10 right now?
I have the s10+ , as of right now the Huawei mate 20 and mate 30 have this right now . You can also charge other wireless phones not just the buds. My buds came over the weekend so will test it out.