Adaptive Fast Charge Question

SkydiverTilt

Sep 29, 2018
Visit site
Been reading a couple articles on this but have a question. If I use the adaptive Fast charger out of the box I'll get the fast charge notification and it will charge fast.

If I were to use a 40w charger from Anker (I like it for travel since it has 4 ports and I can plug everything in one place)...I know I won't get the same speed of adaptive Fast charging but do I get quicker than normal charge? Or does it dismiss to the lowest slow charge setting (and does anyone know what that is)?

Basically, does it just default slowest or does it recognize that I'm getting good flow and speeding up the charge?

SkydiverTilt

Sep 29, 2018
Visit site
The Note 9. It charges on either but the 40w is not the adaptive charger so it doesn't register as "fast charging" ... But not sure if it's at minimum or something beefier.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Been reading a couple articles on this but have a question. If I use the adaptive Fast charger out of the box I'll get the fast charge notification and it will charge fast.

If I were to use a 40w charger from Anker (I like it for travel since it has 4 ports and I can plug everything in one place)...I know I won't get the same speed of adaptive Fast charging but do I get quicker than normal charge? Or does it dismiss to the lowest slow charge setting (and does anyone know what that is)?

Basically, does it just default slowest or does it recognize that I'm getting good flow and speeding up the charge?
I would stick to the same wattage that Samsung charger charges at ,more then that probably will charge but might degrade the battery because it wasn't made for that high watts

mathguy60

Dec 7, 2018
Visit site
I use an Anker 6 port charger when travelling. It can deliver 2,4A (12W) each port. When charging my Note 9, it is not much slower than the original charger, so it looks like the Note 9 uses as much current as it can get from the charger. Mind you: when using the original Samsung charger with an empty battery, the phone will switch back from top speed charging to a slower mode after about 30 mins to protect the battery, so the difference with other charger is not as great as you would expect when comparing the output powers of chargers.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Download the Ampere app.
You will be able to guage the difference between chargers.
Remember, you won't get "fast charging" above 90% or so.

Attachments

• 11158.jpg
    11158.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 14