Why do Asian markets get better phones?

anon(10598448)

Apr 15, 2019
Visit site
More RAM uses more battery whether you use it or not. There is a slight savings because it doesn't have to reload as often but overall two equal phones except for RAM....the higher RAM model will use more battery especially on standby. It's not a big difference but it's less efficient.

If this is true then I would love to see how much more battery life I would get on a 8GB S10+. I have two 1TB S10+, one on each of my T-Mobile lines and I get 2-3 days standby on each.

The standby times on these phones is outstanding.

Screenshot_20190425-140007_Settings.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If this is true then I would love to see how much more battery life I would get on a 8GB S10+. I have two 1TB S10+, one on each of my T-Mobile lines and I get 2-3 days standby on each.

The standby times on these phones is outstanding.

View attachment 302425

Tmobile and Unlocked firmware always had the best battery life in my opinion and I jumped around a few of them .

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
When it comes to mobile phones in America there isn’t really any competition. Everyone has an iPhone...as for why, I don’t really know. Maybe they are all just sheeple.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
When it comes to mobile phones in America there isn’t really any competition. Everyone has an iPhone...as for why, I don’t really know. Maybe they are all just sheeple.

I agree. I'd say 65 percent of the customers looking for cases at my Kiosk are looking for cRapple cases and many of them for stuff like iPhone 6s Plus lol. A lot of older customers too. other 25 percent Samsung probably.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I think in the past those markets used to get better ram and storage options but in today's market it's more balanced out which is the way Samsung should have done years ago imo.

Not 100% convinced why I get a different chipset in the UK to those in America either. About time they balanced that out too.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I think in the past those markets used to get better ram and storage options but in today's market it's more balanced out which is the way Samsung should have done years ago imo.

Not 100% convinced why I get a different chipset in the UK to those in America either. About time they balanced that out too.

The reason why Samsung uses the Snapdragon soc only in its USA phones is deeply embedded in a quagmire (at least to a layman like me) of legalese. All these companies stab each other in the morning(i.e sue in court) and in the evening make out on the sofa (i.e enter into new contracts).

note1note9

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site

Agreed. I want a snapdragon phone so badly looking at how fast and efficient their chips are these days.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site

America basically loses out on every Samsung model that runs an Exynos. Licensing stuff. A deal with Qualcomm made 30 years ago and still effective makes it very cost inefficient for Samsung to release Exynos models in USA. They get around this on the flagships by using a Snapdragon there instead, but the lower range models where they use Exynos as one of the cost cutting stuff (they make it after all), they don't get to the USA unless gray imports.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
America basically loses out on every Samsung model that runs an Exynos. Licensing stuff. A deal with Qualcomm made 30 years ago and still effective makes it very cost inefficient for Samsung to release Exynos models in USA. They get around this on the flagships by using a Snapdragon there instead, but the lower range models where they use Exynos as one of the cost cutting stuff (they make it after all), they don't get to the USA unless gray imports.

an agreement that long sounds like a REALLY stupid business decision. Just like giving star players super long contracts like for 10 years when you only get 5 healthy years out of them before they get too old. Like Albert Pujols's contract pays him $30,000,000 when he's 41 (btw most know he's older than he is listed.)

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
an agreement that long sounds like a REALLY stupid business decision. Just like giving star players super long contracts like for 10 years when you only get 5 healthy years out of them before they get too old. Like Albert Pujols's contract pays him $30,000,000 when he's 41 (btw most know he's older than he is listed.)

I don't remember the exact details, but it's for the patents and Qualcomm tech. As long as Samsung is using Qualcomm patents/tech in their antenna, they can't get around this. Right now they're in court for this since well, yes it's taken already 30 years or so. Apple is also on the court with Qualcomm on this, although they're more probably in it so that they don't pay Qualcomm licensing fees anymore (not like they'd decrease the prices if they stopped paying Qualcomm though).

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I don't remember the exact details, but it's for the patents and Qualcomm tech. As long as Samsung is using Qualcomm patents/tech in their antenna, they can't get around this. Right now they're in court for this since well, yes it's taken already 30 years or so. Apple is also on the court with Qualcomm on this, although they're more probably in it so that they don't pay Qualcomm licensing fees anymore (not like they'd decrease the prices if they stopped paying Qualcomm though).

Not sure how much Qualcomm is worth but maybe Sammy should buy them. The founders I'm sure are filthy rich although they don't have super familiar names.

Here I am selling cases and cables for phones at my Kiosk making small profits :(

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
You usually get Qualcomm Snapdragon chipsets in the US while everywhere else gets Exynos...probably because Qualcomm is American

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37