Slow downloading in Google Play

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Recently I've noticed that when updating apps, they download horribly slow. Like they will almost fully download and then hang just at the end. I've tried clearing data and cache + force closing the Google Play store and I've uninstalled updates. I've also done the same to the Download Manager. My router's firmware was just updated and it was rebooted 2 or 3 times. Anything else that I can try?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Recently I've noticed that when updating apps, they download horribly slow. Like they will almost fully download and then hang just at the end. I've tried clearing data and cache + force closing the Google Play store and I've uninstalled updates. I've also done the same to the Download Manager. My router's firmware was just updated and it was rebooted 2 or 3 times. Anything else that I can try?
Have you tried with data only no wifi?

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Nope, does almost the same thing on data. With data it downloads all the way and still sits there awhile before installing. On WiFi, it gets almost fully downloaded and stops, then eventually finishes and installs. I'm not sure what to think.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
do you have any power saving modes on ? or did you restrict playstore from running in background to save battery consumption?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos