My ebay open-box Note 9 arrives tomorrow (Saturday). I can't wait to have an interesting phone again.

So, they both take nano-sim cards. Does this mean that I can just pop the iPhone SiM into the new Note and I'm good?

The Note that I ordered is said to be an originally Verizon phone that is unlocked.

Hopefully someone knows about this stuff, otherwise, I'll just go to a Verizon corporate store and see if they can manage the switch.

A key reason that I can get back to Android is that Windows 10 has a native way of showing text messages on the computer screen. Yay! Goodbye Apple.

Anyway, what about my SiM card question? Anyone?
    04-26-2019 08:36 AM
    My ebay open-box Note 9 arrives tomorrow (Saturday). I can't wait to have an interesting phone again.

So, they both take nano-sim cards. Does this mean that I can just pop the iPhone SiM into the new Note and I'm good?

The Note that I ordered is said to be an originally Verizon phone that is unlocked.

Hopefully someone knows about this stuff, otherwise, I'll just go to a Verizon corporate store and see if they can manage the switch.

A key reason that I can get back to Android is that Windows 10 has a native way of showing text messages on the computer screen. Yay! Goodbye Apple.

Anyway, what about my SiM card question? Anyone?
    Congrats on your Note 9, you should be fine with the switch and the sim are same just put yours in and ready to Rock n Roll
    04-26-2019 09:05 AM
    Couple counter questions....who is your carrier? Most phones in the US can usually can be used across other US carriers, but not always.

Here are a couple links that you will be interested in...

1. Link

2. Link

3. Link
    04-26-2019 09:06 AM
    04-26-2019 09:14 AM
    Thanks for those links!
    This is actually my first iPHone....but I have had it for 2.5 years, so I have all but forgotten my skills with Android.

I'm with Verizon and the Note 9 is said to be originally a Verizon phone (open box) that is unlocked....so I'm confident it is CDMA or whatever Verizon uses.

That will be so cool if I can just take it out of the box, put the SiM card in there....and be all set to start setting it up.

Thanks
    04-26-2019 10:28 AM
    Thanks for those links!
    This is actually my first iPHone....but I have had it for 2.5 years, so I have all but forgotten my skills with Android.

I'm with Verizon and the Note 9 is said to be originally a Verizon phone (open box) that is unlocked....so I'm confident it is CDMA or whatever Verizon uses.

That will be so cool if I can just take it out of the box, put the SiM card in there....and be all set to start setting it up.

Thanks
    That's all there is to it. But like someone said, disable iMessage and FaceTime on your iPhone first.
    04-26-2019 10:38 AM
    Whoa! The darn thing just arrived.... a day early....I turned off imessages....swapped the sim.....and it all seems to be up and running!

I had a scare....when I opened the SiM tray, I saw this huge slot....way too big for the SiM....but then realized that it had to be pulled all the way out to discover the tiny tray behind it.

The fun begins
    04-26-2019 11:00 AM
    Whoa! The darn thing just arrived.... a day early....I turned off imessages....swapped the sim.....and it all seems to be up and running!

I had a scare....when I opened the SiM tray, I saw this huge slot....way too big for the SiM....but then realized that it had to be pulled all the way out to discover the tiny tray behind it.

The fun begins
    That's for additional storage a SD card
    04-26-2019 11:01 AM
    Thanks....I thought it was like a "dual sim" situation. Anyway, can't wait to fill that SD card slot.
    04-26-2019 11:43 AM
    Thanks....I thought it was like a "dual sim" situation. Anyway, can't wait to fill that SD card slot.
    Both Samsung and SanDisk are doing good deals at the moment, look around and you'll have a 250gb card for around 40 quid
    mustang7757 likes this.
    04-26-2019 12:45 PM
    Both Samsung and SanDisk are doing good deals at the moment, look around and you'll have a 250gb card for around 40 quid
    Nice heads up..
    04-26-2019 01:00 PM
    @kelton,
    If you still want to stick with icloud Contacts & Calendar there are 2 fantastic apps that work perfectly.
    SmoothSync for Cloud Calendar & SmoothSync for Cloud Contacts (both in the Play store).
    Also, Pulse SMS & Google Android Messages both have Desktop texting capabilities and either one works good for me. That was pretty much the only thing I missed with iPhone. I still can FaceTime on iPad or iMac if needed.
    Also check out the Nova Prime Launcher. Lots of possibilities with that too.
    And if you have lots of time to play check out the Kustom suite of apps. They are phenomenal for Luce Wallpapers, lockscreens & widgets.
    Enjoy your N9! As if right now, it's THE best phone I've ever owned (Including iPhones & other Android devices).
    04-26-2019 06:48 PM