Anyone else still on Feb security update

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm still on December. 😊

BTW, it is my understanding that so called security updates only address old threats, anyways. In other words the "update" is behind the times.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
BTW, it is my understanding that so called security updates only address old threats, anyways. In other words the "update" is behind the times.
You want an update to address future threats? Thry'd need a crystal ball for that.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
So looks like a few I jumped from the February update to the April Security Patch on my Note 9 purchased from my local UK Bricks and Mortar Samsung Experience Store.

Not really noticed any enhancements / improvements from this update but just as important no negatives either.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
So looks like a few I jumped from the February update to the April Security Patch on my Note 9 purchased from my local UK Bricks and Mortar Samsung Experience Store.

Not really noticed any enhancements / improvements from this update but just as important no negatives either.

I think we finally got the schedule dark mode but other than that not sure, it did mention camera update.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I think 'Routines' has also been added, just found it today!
Check out your pull down notification icons, should be in there.

TheWounded

Nov 27, 2018
Visit site
Unlocked Exynos Note 9 here.
Received the April update 4 weeks ago ,but no scheduled Night Mode.
Why can't Samsung be consistent with pushing the same updates out to every phone?
To turn my Night Mode on automatically I have to delve in to developer options 🙄

Attachments

• 8902.jpg
    8902.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 17

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Unlocked Exynos Note 9 here.
Received the April update 4 weeks ago ,but no scheduled Night Mode.
Why can't Samsung be consistent with pushing the same updates out to every phone?
To turn my Night Mode on automatically I have to delve in to developer options 🙄

I agree. This inconsistency with security patches by Samsung is very annoying. Exynos Note 9. On April security patch and having Night mode schedule option.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
R U sure the update don't come threw your carrier.
The updates goes to the each carrier.
The carrier does what they want to do.
Then it's released to you.

If I remember correctly.
Verizon used to release the updates before At&t.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac