05-16-2019 09:11 PM
41 12
tools
    My note 9 is still on the Feb security update and I was wondering if this is the case for others too? I am not impressed at all, a phone I am paying obscene amounts of money for and a Nokia 6.1 would have more recent updates! This phone should never be this out of date in its 3 years support.
    04-29-2019 03:33 AM
    My note 9 is still on the Feb security update and I was wondering if this is the case for others too? I am not impressed at all, a phone I am paying obscene amounts of money for and a Nokia 6.1 would have more recent updates! This phone should never be this out of date in its 3 years support.
    That means I shouldn't be annoyed at still being on the March security patch. Prior to April they were arriving by the 20th day of the month. I don't expect OS updates as fast as Google Pixels and Nokia(and actually don't want them that fast. ) but the monthly security updates should be regular.
    burrzoo likes this.
    04-29-2019 04:44 AM
    Which model and carrier do you have? The April security patch fixes some nasty (full phone takeover) vulnerabilities, so Samsung and most carriers seemed to be in a hurry to get that one out with little delay. Last week, the unlocked US model (SM-N960U1) even got the CSD1 firmware update (with the April 1 security patch) just 10 days after it got the CSC2 update (March 1 security patch)--two updates in one month, less than two weeks apart.

So the first thing you should do is figure out whether it's your entire model/carrier that's out of date, or whether it's just your own phone that hasn't been seeing the updates. Try to find the online firmware release notes for your phone.
    04-29-2019 06:00 AM
    No update here either. ( UK Unlocked)
    First time I have had any monthly security update missed.
    04-29-2019 07:51 AM
    If your phone is having issues updating, I have a stickie thread could help you get back to latest firmware for your phone.
    04-29-2019 08:27 AM
    Which model and carrier do you have? The April security patch fixes some nasty (full phone takeover) vulnerabilities, so Samsung and most carriers seemed to be in a hurry to get that one out with little delay. Last week, the unlocked US model (SM-N960U1) even got the CSD1 firmware update (with the April 1 security patch) just 10 days after it got the CSC2 update (March 1 security patch)--two updates in one month, less than two weeks apart.

So the first thing you should do is figure out whether it's your entire model/carrier that's out of date, or whether it's just your own phone that hasn't been seeing the updates. Try to find the online firmware release notes for your phone.
    As with another post here I am on UK unlocked - updates directly from Samsung. Also checked sammobile firmware and there are no new updates listed there for my phone either.
    04-29-2019 08:34 AM
    Wife has a unlocked note 9 from Best Buy.

You will get security updates before her.

Ask yourself .
    What do you have on your phone that is so important that you need to worry about security updates.
    04-29-2019 09:27 AM
    Wife has a unlocked note 9 from Best Buy.

You will get security updates before her.

Ask yourself .
    What do you have on your phone that is so important that you need to worry about security updates.
    That's easy. As a leader of a charity I have confidential emails, confidential messages, notes about situations and people related to them. Gdpr protected distribution lists... I could go on!
    04-29-2019 09:46 AM
    If Samsung thought there was a problem they would release a update.
    Have you had any security problems with your phone.
    Probably not.
    But it's o.k. for the government to track where you live.
    Where you work.
    And every where you go.
    And no security update will fix this.
    Find a bridge, this is a no trolling thread.
    04-29-2019 09:47 AM
    Find a bridge, this is a no trolling thread.
    I'm telling you like it is.
    I resent you calling me a troll.

I retired as a lock and safe man.
    04-29-2019 09:50 AM
    Samsung has a secure folder.
    I would use it.
    04-29-2019 09:54 AM
    If Samsung thought there was a problem they would release a update.
    Samsung knows there are several critical problems. So does Google. They both say so in their online release notes for Android's April 1 security patch, which Samsung did release for the Note9 in the US.
    04-29-2019 10:07 AM
    Samsung has a secure folder.
    I would use it.
    It won't protect you from vulnerabilities that let an attacker run arbitrary code on your phone with elevated privileges. The April 1 security patch fixes several such problems.
    04-29-2019 10:08 AM
    It won't protect you from vulnerabilities that let an attacker run arbitrary code on your phone with elevated privileges. The April 1 security patch fixes several such problems.
    That's really concerning. I do tend to use secure folder for the extra sensitive stuff, alarming that this is a bug and despite my phone getting updates directly from Samsung with it being unlocked that they haven't bothered to do so.
    04-29-2019 11:08 AM
    My wife has the S9 which has had constant updates, it's not like Samsung holding back on the Note 9, maybe there is an issue because I'm sure the Note 8 is getting regular updates too.
    04-29-2019 05:20 PM
    My wife has the S9 which has had constant updates, it's not like Samsung holding back on the Note 9, maybe there is an issue because I'm sure the Note 8 is getting regular updates too.
    No issue with phone -

https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/.../SM-N960F/BTU/

Just no updates. I'm wondering if they have cut back due to the bad quarter and my phone has been cut loose. There is no explainable reason why all notes bar this one have the updates. Even the carrier uk ones have them but the unlocked has been discarded.
    04-30-2019 02:35 AM
    What carrier are you on? I'm with Sprint, and though I'm not happy about that lol, my Note 9 is on April security.
    04-30-2019 05:09 AM
    T-mobile received both the March and April updates this month, about 2 weeks apart. So, not regular by any means.
    04-30-2019 06:03 AM
    No issue with phone -

Just no updates. I'm wondering if they have cut back due to the bad quarter and my phone has been cut loose. There is no explainable reason why all notes bar this one have the updates. Even the carrier uk ones have them but the unlocked has been discarded.
    See if anything in Smart Switch on your computer, if not find the latest on your version sammobile ,if ones available flash through Odin.
    04-30-2019 07:34 AM
    No issue with phone -

I didn't mean an issue with the phone, I meant the software, but still 18th March was the last update and that was another Feb 1st security patch but coming in at 220mb maybe it was more than that.
    04-30-2019 02:42 PM
    I'm still on December. 😊

BTW, it is my understanding that so called security updates only address old threats, anyways. In other words the "update" is behind the times.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    04-30-2019 06:29 PM
    I'm still on December. 😊

BTW, it is my understanding that so called security updates only address old threats, anyways. I'm other words the "update" is behind the times.
    πŸ‘πŸ™‚πŸ€£πŸ€£
    pizza_pablo likes this.
    04-30-2019 06:42 PM
    April update for unlocked UK BTU came through this morning.

Anyone else still on Feb security update-screenshot_20190502-131758_software-20update.jpeg
    05-02-2019 07:19 AM
    Wow, big update 481.40mb
    mgbosshogg likes this.
    05-02-2019 12:10 PM
    BTW, it is my understanding that so called security updates only address old threats, anyways. In other words the "update" is behind the times.
    You want an update to address future threats? Thry'd need a crystal ball for that.
    05-02-2019 12:30 PM
41 12