Note 9 telephoto lens buzzing

berfles

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else have this issue all of a sudden? There are tons of reports of it and everyone says it's a hardware issue. Mine just started it the other day and this device looks brand new and has never been dropped a single time. So pissed off I wound up with the issue after what happened with my first Note 9. I never seem to learn.

Reference:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Note-9/Note-9-Buzzing-sound-when-Zooming-Camera/td-p/394487

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-9/help/note-9-camera-buzzing-vibrating-2x-zoom-t3840013

https://www.reddit.com/r/samsung/comments/9prnlh/note_9_camera_issue_is_it_hardware_defect_or/

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Anyone else have this issue all of a sudden? There are tons of reports of it and everyone says it's a hardware issue. Mine just started it the other day and this device looks brand new and has never been dropped a single time. So pissed off I wound up with the issue after what happened with my first Note 9. I never seem to learn.

Reference:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Note-9/Note-9-Buzzing-sound-when-Zooming-Camera/td-p/394487

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-9/help/note-9-camera-buzzing-vibrating-2x-zoom-t3840013

https://www.reddit.com/r/samsung/comments/9prnlh/note_9_camera_issue_is_it_hardware_defect_or/

No mine not doing that , so it buzzes in that mode until you exit out ? If so call Samsung .

berfles

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
No mine not doing that , so it buzzes in that mode until you exit out ? If so call Samsung .

It will buzz and not focus on anything. It's not happening Everytime so I'm just going to see if it gets worse. Calling Samsung will result in them telling me to shop it away to get fixed, and it'll just happen again. Plus I can't go without a phone for weeks, but there are people who have had it happen 3 times even after getting it fixed all three times. I find it kind of funny it only started after Pie and numerous hardware "fixes" fail but at the same time a hard reset doesn't work for anyone either. Not sure what to think and I'm sure Samsung will never look into it. If you read about it a bit you'll see people have said it's been an issue since the Note 4.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It will buzz and not focus on anything. It's not happening Everytime so I'm just going to see if it gets worse. Calling Samsung will result in them telling me to shop it away to get fixed, and it'll just happen again. Plus I can't go without a phone for weeks, but there are people who have had it happen 3 times even after getting it fixed all three times. I find it kind of funny it only started after Pie and numerous hardware "fixes" fail but at the same time a hard reset doesn't work for anyone either. Not sure what to think and I'm sure Samsung will never look into it. If you read about it a bit you'll see people have said it's been an issue since the Note 4.

I had a issue with my s10+ screen was lifting and made a appointment with ubreakifix they told me 1 hour they can replace the screen but take to the Samsung experience store down the street maybe they will swap it out . I did go to Samsung experience store and they wouldn't swap out so I had do the screen repair in about 1 hour . It's a option for you .

note1note9

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site

It's a hardware issue. No doubt about it. I had that issue a month ago and brought it in to Samsung and the technician himself said he seen many cases of it.

Bring it in while it's still under warranty

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It's a hardware issue. No doubt about it. I had that issue a month ago and brought it in to Samsung and the technician himself said he seen many cases of it.

I agree bring it in while still warranty

berfles

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site

It'll probably happen again. That thread at Samsung that I linked to is full of hundreds of replies and countless people saying they had it fixed 2 and 3 times and it keeps happening. Not sure I really feel like having my phone ripped open to replace it with a part that will probably also fail. After reading all these accounts of the issue I'm not sure what I'm going to do. If it gets worse sure, otherwise I'll just trade the damn thing in at this point. Too pissed at Samsung for how they treated me the first time and all these stupid issues they keep having.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like a problem with the autofocus mechanism in the camera lens (which is one of the only 2 moving parts in the phone, the other being the vibratory motor).

note1note9

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
I told myself if my note 9 breaks down on me again for no reason for the next 1 year +, I might avoid Samsung phones for awhile till they get their QC in check.

A bit extreme but I dont have so much time to spare to get my phone fixed and a reliable phone is high up on my list.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Yes suffering from same issue since months now... When u use telephoto lens its starts buzzing and hazy videos and pics... It hardware fault...
I went to Samsung for warranty but they will have to format my phone to change a faulty bloody camera... So iam holding off for now... I will make them even change my battery as battery life is average.. Now iam using mate 20 pro for all my camera needs and it kills note 9 in this.. And battery life also 2 day..
I am having many issues with my Note 9 lately from WiFi issue to smart view issue to android auto issue... Hope Samsung fix all this