Note 9 in 2019

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So i just bought the Note 9.because my S10 Plus had RAM issues.and im kinda liking the shape and the way it sits in the hand.not saying the S10 Plus is bad but i had a faulty unit.

I had the 12GB/1TB S10 Plus version and couldnt really think of a way to use up all the ROM but the OS bug made it possible to use up 10GB of RAM.thus making my S10P hot and unusable(apps keep on closing every 2 seconds)it happened 4 times in 2 days.maybe its a sign to get the Note 9.

Thus i got 2 x Note 9.the 6/128 and 8/256.i updated both and seems to be fine so far.

But honestly other than the camera(2 vs 3) everything else is mostly the same.owh not to forget Note 9 doesnt have the tap anywhere on screen to turn screen on.note a downside actually.will stay on Note 9 until Note 10 is out.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So i just bought the Note 9.because my S10 Plus had RAM issues.and im kinda liking the shape and the way it sits in the hand.not saying the S10 Plus is bad but i had a faulty unit.

I had the 12GB/1TB S10 Plus version and couldnt really think of a way to use up all the ROM but the OS bug made it possible to use up 10GB of RAM.thus making my S10P hot and unusable(apps keep on closing every 2 seconds)it happened 4 times in 2 days.maybe its a sign to get the Note 9.

Thus i got 2 x Note 9.the 6/128 and 8/256.i updated both and seems to be fine so far.

But honestly other than the camera(2 vs 3) everything else is mostly the same.owh not to forget Note 9 doesnt have the tap anywhere on screen to turn screen on.note a downside actually.will stay on Note 9 until Note 10 is out.

Well, I can welcome you now on the Note side :))

mike104393

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I was really debating on getting the S10 plus. How has your experience been so far, you noted the camera and the tap anywhere to wake up the screen but how about performance and just everyday usage?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I was really debating on getting the S10 plus. How has your experience been so far, you noted the camera and the tap anywhere to wake up the screen but how about performance and just everyday usage?

Perfomance edge goes to the s10 plus its overall faster phone with 855SD 7nm chip , but the Note holds it's own.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Its a great phone.dont get me wrong.its better than the Note 9(unless you need the s pen).other than that the S10 Plus wins overall.its the closest phone to perfection if you ask me.and the SD855 is even way better.i had the Exynos version.

Performance is crazy.using goodlock makes it have 2 screens with videos playing side by side.not a deal breaker but its cool.never felt any kind of lag untill my RAM decided to be used up to 10GB because of System UI.but for everyday usage the battery life wasnt that good.just good but not very good.

Owh dont forget the 15w fast wireless charging xD

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Love mine, only thing that would have made it perfect for me is a real LED that they removed. The screen imho looks nicer than the N9.

anon(10598448)

Apr 15, 2019
Visit site
Love mine, only thing that would have made it perfect for me is a real LED that they removed. The screen imho looks nicer than the N9.
I thought I would miss the notification light but now that I've had my S10+ for two months, I completely forgot that there ever was such a thing on past phones.

I also have a Note 9. I finally figured it was time to update it to Pie. I tried Pie for a week upon it's release and went back to Oreo. Using my S10+ for so long on Pie now has gotten me used to it. I'll probably update my note 8 to Pie as well now.

The S10+ and Note 9 both impress me today. Love both phones.