Transition lag on Note 9.

tc3500

May 20, 2019
Visit site
My Note has been amazing.

I recently added Nova. Had everything the way I like it. And then decided to add a second Edge Panel. I added the s10, so, note9 version. It was ok for a couple hours.

But then started to lag bigtime during transitions. Everything else is fast.

I used DevOp to adjust. I wiped the partition. I uninstalled as much of both Edge Panels as possible.

I used the phone tuning Utility that was included with the new panel.
And it removed 2gig worth of stuff.. but I always keep my phone clean with everything on SD.

Any thoughts on fix without reset.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Moved to the Note 9 forum for better exposure. And the only thing I can think of is to uninstall the added Edge Panel.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My Note has been amazing.

I recently added Nova. Had everything the way I like it. And then decided to add a second Edge Panel. I added the s10, so, note9 version. It was ok for a couple hours.

But then started to lag bigtime during transitions. Everything else is fast.

I used DevOp to adjust. I wiped the partition. I uninstalled as much of both Edge Panels as possible.

I used the phone tuning Utility that was included with the new panel.
And it removed 2gig worth of stuff.. but I always keep my phone clean with everything on SD.

Any thoughts on fix without reset.

You can check if you have developer option on for animation and reduced animation in settings> advanced turn them off and restart your phone see what happens

tc3500

May 20, 2019
Visit site
Rukbat......

Did that and removed some of the added panels for the first one. No change.
But thank you very much for the time to reply. I hope I can find out what the problem is. I had my Note 4 until this Note 9. By far my favorite devices. And this 9 has always been super fast.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Rukbat......

Did that and removed some of the added panels for the first one. No change.
But thank you very much for the time to reply. I hope I can find out what the problem is. I had my Note 4 until this Note 9. By far my favorite devices. And this 9 has always been super fast.

Could be a app or application you installed double check most recent things u did hopefully pin point the problem. Your welcome!

tc3500

May 20, 2019
Visit site
You can check if you have developer option on for animation and reduced animation in settings> advanced turn them off and restart your phone see what happens

Will do!
Thanks for the response. All suggestions are appreciated!......until one bricks my phone, hahaha

tc3500

May 20, 2019
Visit site
Hahaha, good luck !
Let us know if u find the fix or any other advice .

Wow!
I did what you suggested. And now i will have to go reduce the Nova speed settings. The phone is faster than it's ever been!!?
Do I leave the animations OFF then?
Or reapply them individually......?

Thank You so much.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Wow!
I did what you suggested. And now i will have to go reduce the Nova speed settings. The phone is faster than it's ever been!!?
Do I leave the animations OFF then?
Or reapply them individually......?

Thank You so much.
Leave it the way it is lol , glad its working:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang