Anyone antsy for the Note 10? Ready to switch? I'm bored

daninbluemd

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Ok, so I'll give everyone who upgrades regularly something to laugh at. To answer, YES, I'm antsy for a Note 10! I'm still incredibly happy with my Note 4...lol. It really does everything I want, but of course I don't know what I don't know. I've stubbornly held out in protest over the non-replaceable battery (& no memory card on the GN5) but am finally going to upgrade and am super excited about it! I had to install a new charging port (and subsequently a screen) to nurse my GN4 along. Honestly I think Samsung should further differentiate the Note line by bringing back the replaceable battery, but...

I almost took Samsung/Verizon up last year on the pre-release offer of 2 Note 9's for the price of one and I'm hoping they offer the same on the Note 10 but I'm not holding my breath. Ok, you can all make fun of me now:).

Kavikthewolf

May 24, 2019
Visit site
Bored? no, frustrated yes, Had an apple phone for15 years, was really excited about the note9, ButI am blown away about the learning curve, having it for two months I am done, Just this Week I had a factory reset twice, Which requires you to go through the whole setup process, It seems it would have some really cool functions, But like I said learnins curve/ reset is too much

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
The Note 8 and Note 9 phones are the finest phones I've ever used. They do EVERYTHING I ask of them for business and personal communication and enjoyment. Not bored with these phones or... life itself.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

And now the Blues are in the finals! I wont go though. Fly up from FL. Tickets will be at least 1k to buy from someone or a broker as well.

Billy Gross

May 24, 2019
Visit site
Talk about needing an upgrade ! I'm still using the note -5, I still have PLENTY of RAM,&STORAGE , I really love this phone I should have up-graded sooner but it was nice not having a device payment + a phone bill for beyond unlimited service . 5-G service is still 60 miles away in Los Angeles so I really see no point in getting anything 5-G
Yet , most of what I've heard is the system is pretty much all line of sight and 1 tester said that he was standing under the tower that a repair man was working on , the tester asked him why he had no signal? The service man told him he may have to go to the other side of the cell tower cause that side was still working very well, the tester did it and. Said it blew his mind as he was no more than 10 feet away FROM the working side of the tower and he was using the shade from the tower to shield him from the sun. That being said if there is a note 10 that's 4-G I'll get that one but untill 5-G is everywhere and no dropped calls and being kicked off of 5-G because there is not antenna close enough to you after paying an extra $10.00 bucks or more a month for 5-G service ,they're certainly not going to refund any of your money back to you simply because you say you were kicked off the 5-G service right ? .

Mamaluka

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Nope! Doing fine with my used Note8. And, this will be my last note. At these ridiculous prices, I've found cheaper options which are just as good.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Bored? no, frustrated yes, Had an apple phone for15 years, was really excited about the note9, ButI am blown away about the learning curve, having it for two months I am done, Just this Week I had a factory reset twice, Which requires you to go through the whole setup process, It seems it would have some really cool functions, But like I said learnins curve/ reset is too much

Your experience with your Note 9 is highly ATYPICAL

hardyhar22

May 24, 2019
Visit site
It seems like the phone is just going to be the same as the S9, I don't want to upgrade for a few minor new features, I'm perfectly fine with my S9.
Not itching at all really.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I love my Note 9 and am in no rush for the Note 10, but I will surely update to it - especially if it does include the 5x optical zoom. I would love the 64 megabit camera but it sounds like that's not coming. :-/ Please Sammy try to include this in... you need to take back the smartphone camera crown! :)

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
The latest rumor is that the note 10 would look like this.
View attachment 303596:
View attachment 303597

If this is anything to what the more 10 would look like sign me up.
I dont like the notch or the punch hole on the S10 but do love the camera upgrades that were made.

I read about the camera hole being moved to the center and I would assume it would be a dual camera hole and if that is the case... it'll look similar to a center notch. lol

I personally think the camera set up will be across like now and not upright with all those cameras. Makes for awkward placement of the heart rate monitor.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I know that Android Central is for enthusiasts about tech and smartphones in particular here. However, it's not really a hobby. If your phone doesn't work, is slow or just outdated, I could see being impatient for a new Note.
Maybe discover a new app, start following new topics on YouTube or Reddit or trying a new launcher / theme / icon pack if you get bored. Phone tech is kind of slowing down. Phones aren't supposed to entertain you by themselves. It's what you do with them.
The Note9 is probably the first phone I ever considered not upgrading after a year.

note1note9

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
I know that Android Central is for enthusiasts about tech and smartphones in particular here. However, it's not really a hobby. If your phone doesn't work, is slow or just outdated, I could see being impatient for a new Note.
Maybe discover a new app, start following new topics on YouTube or Reddit or trying a new launcher / theme / icon pack if you get bored. Phone tech is kind of slowing down. Phones aren't supposed to entertain you by themselves. It's what you do with them.
The Note9 is probably the first phone I ever considered not upgrading after a year.

I feel the same as you. Even though I would have to point out it's been only 9 months since the note 9 was released. Maybe at the 1 year mark when the note 10 is released many would feel the urge to upgrade.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I feel the same as you. Even though I would have to point out it's been only 9 months since the note 9 was released. Maybe at the 1 year mark when the note 10 is released many would feel the urge to upgrade.
Just to carry on with this conversation... It's not uncommon for some in these forums to change phones often. There was a post started about a month after the note 9 discussing the note 10 and the S10. Then you have to throw in the Apple phones. To some, new phones is an addiction.

I agree, phone technology is slowing down. It's getting harder for manufacturers to introduce new technology. That's why we are seeing 512GB and 1tb phones, way over kill, most will never need that much. Now they are playing around with folding phones. Folding phones seem like a neat phone, but in reality it's starting to seem like a novelty. Do we really need a phone to open into a tablet. The first Samsung one is having issues, but disregard that. No SD card, don't think it has a headphone Jack, no wireless charging, the front screen, the screen you will use the most is smaller, huge bezels, and it's the thickness of 2 phones stacked. Stuff like this is what manufacturers have to do it feed people's phone addictions.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm ready to get me a note 10 just to get away from my note 9.
My note 9 Developed lag, also not connecting to smart devices.
Bluetooth choppy in cars, battery isn't holding up like it use too.
It's my daily driver, and I've used this phone more than my note 8.
But when I upgraded I had no issues with my note 8.

Full reset done a bunch of times.
Wiped cache partition a bunch of times.
I think I finally got that dud out of them all.
Fingerprint sensor works great though 👍
Bixby not bad.👍
I'm ready for the note 10 pro or plus.

I Grabbed a moto G7 to help trap, I need something to get by.

I don't know want to bash Sammy.
I've probably have been one of their biggest defenders. But since Pie update, It's been a horrible!!!

Is it Pie? Is it One UI?
Is it Sprint?
Me?
Tf?
This phone is my trade up chip. It is an immaculate phone, and still looks brand new.

Camera hesitates as well. I give up.
I'm going to hold on until the note 10 breed goes on sale.
Until then, I'm hurting family!!🤕

No I'm not rich, and sure as hell ain't poor. I can afford to upgrade, but it is because I have to this time. Usually it is because I want to and have done it that way for years.

It sounds strange. I've had no complaints before or after the Android Pie One UI update. Why not try doing a factory reset and then downloading each app individually instead of downloading the back up apps.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
with the leaks saying no headphone Jack or buttons I'll have to wait and see when it comes out to decide, it has to blow my Note 9 out water spec wise . As it stands right now the note 9 is feature packed with big battery ,led light,headphone jack,big battery ,iris scanner and rear mounted I prefer fingerprint reader.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
with the leaks saying no headphone Jack or buttons I'll have to wait and see when it comes out to decide, it has to blow my Note 9 out water spec wise . As it stands right now the note 9 is feature packed with big battery ,led light,headphone jack,big battery ,iris scanner and rear mounted I prefer fingerprint reader.
I agree with what you said here, I myself prefer the front glass FPS. If Samsung dumps the headphone jack on the note 10, everyone that has a note 9 or S10 series should just stay put IMO, there's not enough new things rumored on the note 10 to justify the upgrade and lose the headphone jack yet. Might as well keep the headphone jack a little while longer.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Geez, how times have changed. I still remember when the original Note came out. I recall it being a flop cuz nobody wanted a huge device, it was ahead of its time. When the Note 2 came out, I was among the first to get it. It sure turned heads back then! Plenty of jokes about the size of the thing. Now it's all commonplace.