Just got my Samsung Note 9, and realise when I'm on a call, the notification tray can drop down from the top of the screen if I take the phone away from my ear during a call, or once the call has ended.
    Its annoying to not still have the dialer app still right there to end the call, (though I admittedly can still end the call off the tray). My OCD obviously knows this is a glitch, so I'm certainly not happy.
    It's random when it happens. Tried forcing it to happen with some success. Realisie it seems to be the phone confusing my ear for a finger. Seems my ear pulls the tray/ shade down. Screen sensitivity has been increased to accommodate for the screen protector I have on. Could this be the problem? Surely not, as even the manufacturer has accommodated for this, by putting a toggel to increase the responsiveness of the screen. So many, like myself would rather be safe than sorry, and place a screen protector on their device, thus buying themselves some additional peace of mind.
    Also, unrelated but, the Always On Display image with accompanying clock doesn't move on my device. My understanding is that it should do so every minute or so. A static image would almost certainly lead to screen burn. It however moves if I choose to have the AOD on the tap to wake setting, as it's in a different position each time I wake my screen up. My device is update to Pie with the latest android security patch from Samsung.
    Love my phone otherwise, would appreciate some answers in resolving these issues.
    05-22-2019 07:59 PM
    Just got my Samsung Note 9, and realise when I'm on a call, the notification tray can drop down from the top of the screen if I take the phone away from my ear during a call, or once the call has ended.
    Its annoying to not still have the dialer app still right there to end the call, (though I admittedly can still end the call off the tray). My OCD obviously knows this is a glitch, so I'm certainly not happy.
    It's random when it happens. Tried forcing it to happen with some success. Realisie it seems to be the phone confusing my ear for a finger. Seems my ear pulls the tray/ shade down. Screen sensitivity has been increased to accommodate for the screen protector I have on. Could this be the problem? Surely not, as even the manufacturer has accommodated for this, by putting a toggel to increase the responsiveness of the screen. So many, like myself would rather be safe than sorry, and place a screen protector on their device, thus buying themselves some additional peace of mind.
    Also, unrelated but, the Always On Display image with accompanying clock doesn't move on my device. My understanding is that it should do so every minute or so. A static image would almost certainly lead to screen burn. It however moves if I choose to have the AOD on the tap to wake setting, as it's in a different position each time I wake up the screen. My device is updated to Pie with the latest android security patch from Samsung.
    Love my phone otherwise, would appreciate some answers in resolving these issues. Thanks
    05-22-2019 09:01 PM
    AOD does move but not fast enough for you to watch it.
    05-22-2019 09:17 PM
    Just a thought: The notification tray drops down if you swipe your finger down on the fingerprint scanner. Don't you do that accidently when removing the phone from your ear? You can switch this off in the phone settings.
    05-22-2019 11:57 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! When you're on a call, does the screen turn off properly when the proximity sensor is blocked?
    05-23-2019 01:42 AM
    Duplicate threads merged
    05-23-2019 02:00 AM
    AOD does move but not fast enough for you to watch it.
    Didn't realise this. Seems like it's totally static and doesn't move at all...Visually, seems like I literally come back to it being in the exact same place.
    05-23-2019 04:50 AM
    Just a thought: The notification tray drops down if you swipe your finger down on the fingerprint scanner. Don't you do that accidently when removing the phone from your ear? You can switch this off in the phone settings.
    Would have been a perfect explanation and solution, however I don't have finger sensor gesture enabled, so that can't be it. Thanks though.
    05-23-2019 04:53 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! When you're on a call, does the screen turn off properly when the proximity sensor is blocked?
    Thanks!
    Yes, screen turns off properly each and every time I'm on a call and the proximity sensor works just fine once its blocked.
    05-23-2019 04:55 AM
    Do you have other problems with phantom touches? If so, I'd wonder if the screen protector is causing problems.
    05-23-2019 11:28 AM
    Do you have other problems with phantom touches? If so, I'd wonder if the screen protector is causing problems.
    Everything works perfect, apart from those random notification tray drops. Haven't noticed anything in a day though. Fingers crossed it has settled down, behaves, and stays that way...
    05-24-2019 06:05 AM
    Do you have big ears or are they shaped like wing nuts? ☺️

But seriously, could your ear be touching and dragging the notification shade down, after the screen wakes, as you are moving the phone away from your head?
    05-24-2019 10:03 PM
    Do you have big ears or are they shaped like wing nuts? ☺️

But seriously, could your ear be touching and dragging the notification shade down, after the screen wakes, as you are moving the phone away from your head?
    Hahaha, my ears probably have a certain size to them. That or extraordinary pulling power 😉
    Imagine it might have been what you describe, coupled with an overtly sensitive screen thanks to the screen protector. Changed the latter, and have yet to experience any strange drops since. With any luck, the gremlin is gone for good. Thanks.
    06-01-2019 07:40 AM