First, hello, everyone.

Now, with the introductions out of the way, let's get to the question at hand. I tried turning tracking auto-focus on on my Galaxy Note9, but it's greyed out for some reason. I was able to turn it on some time ago, but I haven't really checked it again ever since. I went to the Camera settings today and noticed it's been greyed out. I tried looking online, but nothing. Tried turning video stabilization off as well, but that didn't do the trick as well.
    05-23-2019 06:59 AM
    First, hello, everyone.

Now, with the introductions out of the way, let's get to the question at hand. I tried turning tracking auto-focus on on my Galaxy Note9, but it's greyed out for some reason. I was able to turn it on some time ago, but I haven't really checked it again ever since. I went to the Camera settings today and noticed it's been greyed out. I tried looking online, but nothing. Tried turning video stabilization off as well, but that didn't do the trick as well.
    Hi , can try resetting the camera app by long press>info tap > clear data,cache and force stop see if comes back
    Esso 1 likes this.
    05-23-2019 10:17 AM
    First, hello, everyone.

It's odd, mine was grayed out as well and I know I had it on before. Also grayed out was my Scene Optimizer. What was more odd is that as I was looking through settings my Rear Video Size had a comment for every option - something like "the resolution you have chosen doesn't support tracking auto-focus.

I scrolled down to the bottom of the settings in the camera app and clicked on Reset settings. Once I did that, my Scene Optimizer and Tracking Auto-Focus are no longer grayed out. In addition, my video resolution choices all appear normal now with no comment about not supporting tracking auto-focus.

Not sure what happened. I've changed all my settings back to the way I had them and neither option is grayed out now. ???
    05-24-2019 02:23 PM
    Resting the camera app setting , fix it for me
    mustang7757 likes this.
    09-20-2019 08:40 PM
    Resting the camera app setting , fix it for me
    Great ! Glad it helped.
    09-22-2019 02:55 PM
    Try putting this setting on PHOTO. For some reason the Tracking Auto Focus and Scene Optimizer is grayed out when it's in Live Focus or Night.

Why can't I turn tracking auto-focus on?-smartselect_20190926-121402_camera.jpg

First, hello, everyone.

It's odd, mine was grayed out as well and I know I had it on before.
    09-26-2019 03:19 PM