Note 8 to Note 9. Bump in Battery life?

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Just comparing the mah then yes, it is a "bigger number". My response of "slight bump" is based on my personal experience between the two. Not sure that's up for debate.
Your real world comparison is different, I can't argue your results or interpretation.

I wouldn't say it's a slight bump in battery , it's a big bump. Note 8 3300mah vs 4000mah.

My s9+ had a 3500mah but cant get the battery life of my Note 9

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Just comparing the mah then yes, it is a "bigger number". My response of "slight bump" is based on my personal experience between the two. Not sure that's up for debate.
Your real world comparison is different, I can't argue your results or interpretation.
Yes your definitely right, you could have few apps and be good with that battery size , while another who has 250 apps would struggle. So I agree on usuage difference can have a effect on battery.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm the odd-duck, no gaming, social media, video binging or selfies... LOL
Independent contractor and my Note is my office phone/computer. Billing, scheduling, emails, etc. and phone calls.

Yes your definitely right, you could have few apps and be good with that battery size , while another who has 250 apps would struggle. So I agree on usuage difference can have a effect on battery.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm the odd-duck, no gaming, social media, video binging or selfies... LOL
Independent contractor and my Note is my office phone/computer. Billing, scheduling, emails, etc. and phone calls.

I hear you, I also use my Note for work , making estimates,phone numbers ,photos,files ect.

edo101

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Well I've used it for less than 24 hours. Seems slightly better than my Note 8. Just slightly. I guess it would be a matter of waiting for Android to settle in?

As for that stereo speaker stuff. yeah besides not covering up the audio, I don't notice a big difference in speaker volume when playing media. Only thing I like is the size of screen. Feels wider and the modified s pen

edo101

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Does it take some time after a new set up for the phoen adjust? I am not getting this incredible long duration a lot of yall are getting and the phone only has 51 discharge and has been operational since Januar

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Does it take some time after a new set up for the phoen adjust? I am not getting this incredible long duration a lot of yall are getting and the phone only has 51 discharge and has been operational since Januar

Just first week for phone to learn your pattern

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
so that thing is not a myth. Phones do get better at battery after like a week? Was it your experience?
Yes , as we now have what's called adaptive battery ,over a period of time it learns your usage pattern and adjust usually will take a week .

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah everytime i go to batteyr management, it says learning behavior

Yeah , and plus you have to train adaptive lighting , teach it in different lighting conditions by sliding the bar up or down how you like it and it will learn that also.

edo101

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
The wait continues. I guess [app name redacted by Mod] with microG drains a lot of battery with me always listening it to it in the background. But I am noticing only slightly better battery life than a Note 8 so far. I definitely think the battery is a bit better but not 6 to 7 SOT time people are talking about so far

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20