Note 9 verizon, no OTA update since manual update.

David Beyda

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
There was a thread here back in i think January or Feb with instructions on how to manually update the verizon Note 9 before it was released i think using firmware science? There were also MANY comments saying that you will continue to get OTA updates if done this way. Well, i updated in January or feb and still no OTA update since, and verizon has come out with multiple. So my last update was in January or Feb. If i try to use verizon desktop update assistant it says my current firmware is not supported to update firmware. Any idea how to fix this and get OTA updates without wiping my phone? current version is N960usqu1csaa

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
There was a thread here back in i think January or Feb with instructions on how to manually update the verizon Note 9 before it was released i think using firmware science? There were also MANY comments saying that you will continue to get OTA updates if done this way. Well, i updated in January or feb and still no OTA update since, and verizon has come out with multiple. So my last update was in January or Feb. If i try to use verizon desktop update assistant it says my current firmware is not supported to update firmware. Any idea how to fix this and get OTA updates without wiping my phone? current version is N960usqu1csaa
Hi ,your on January patch , I believe when Verizon finally came out was March update let me see if I can get those files for you

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok I cant post here but if you want to send me a PM I can send you the files through your gmail if you like ?

David Beyda

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes you will , just need the files I sent to get you back up

Thank you, i did the install with the file you sent. it put me on Csb3. Security patch level says feb 1st. i tried another OTA update ejust no and it said nothing available. I tried plugging it into my pc and use the verizon-samsung upgrade assistant tool and it says SD1 is ready to install. Ill start the update here and keep you posted.

Also, any idea why earlier i wasnt getting OTA updates? and curious why you think now that will change after doing this.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you, i did the install with the file you sent. it put me on Csb3. Security patch level says feb 1st. i tried another OTA update ejust no and it said nothing available. I tried plugging it into my pc and use the verizon-samsung upgrade assistant tool and it says SD1 is ready to install. Ill start the update here and keep you posted.

Also, any idea why earlier i wasnt getting OTA updates? and curious why you think now that will change after doing this.
Your welcome
Because when Verizon went to pie they put March out instead of January which other carriers had , so Verizon models were looking for December to March and you were already on January but you should be all good now.

David Beyda

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Your welcome
Because when Verizon went to pie they put March out instead of January which other carriers had , so Verizon models were looking for December to March and you were already on January but you should be all good now.

so after using your file to install the update, i sued desktop update assistant and it installed build ending in CSD1, android security patch level april 1st. Im guessing this is the latest update? hopefully ill be good going forward... Thanks for your help.

Side note, ever since these updates i noticed in the gallery while scrolling, it doesnt show the date bubble anymore on the side showing you when the pictures are from. Makes it much harder to fing pictures now.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
so after using your file to install the update, i sued desktop update assistant and it installed build ending in CSD1, android security patch level april 1st. Im guessing this is the latest update? hopefully ill be good going forward... Thanks for your help.

Side note, ever since these updates i noticed in the gallery while scrolling, it doesnt show the date bubble anymore on the side showing you when the pictures are from. Makes it much harder to fing pictures now.
Yeah May you should be getting soon as my tmobile has it . The gallery I didn't notice will look later.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc