weather app

justme0485

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
I am looking for a good weather app. I was using the stock weather app but I don't like the changes since the UI. What do you recommend? Looking for something thats easy on battery life.

Mike_Luchia

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I use Weather Underground as well. I also have my own weather station the reports to WU so it's nice to always know my exact weather.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm a Dark Sky fan. Very accurate forecasts, nice UI. It does require a yearly subscription, but for me, it's worth it.

dm3ready

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I love Dark Sky's visual layout but their radar maps are too "fuzzy". So for detailed radar maps I use The Weather Channel for Samsung.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I am looking for a good weather app. I was using the stock weather app but I don't like the changes since the UI. What do you recommend? Looking for something thats easy on battery life.

I use accuweather one of the best apps ..u can even see satellite pics live if storm or cloud cover even gives u storm or thunder warning and very accurate...

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
If you want something fun as well as usrful, check out Carrot Weather. Worth the annual subscription if you want to use different weather providers & more. Great & funny weather condition comments.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I use WTForecast. Hilarious forecast comments that can be as rude as you want. Can be adjusted to include profanity or not.

Russel Shouse

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
Weatherbug has been a great app for me for years, easy to use, and doesn't really affect the battery. it's also free, and no ads.

side note: if you live in an area where you have severe weather (I live in Oklahoma) Radarscope is an awesome live radar app that allows you to storm track. i use it for tracking storms year around. It's 7.99 i think, as a one time purchase, but worth it if you enjoy or need to keep a close watch on weather.

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I use Weatherbug and love it. Great Radar, accurate, multiple locations. The ONLY thing that I had a bug with was the notifications. Yes, I want to know Severe thunderstorms, or tornado warning/watches. But I've had to block my notifications because they would go off at 3 am for a "Ozone Action Day" or a "High Heat Index Warning." Hey, this is TEXAS in the middle of the Summertime. EVERY day is a high heat index day..
Yes, I've heard that there is a way to filter them out. It don't work. I've gotten detailed instructions saying click here, and there is nothing there to click on. LOL.. I only have the notifications from Midnight to 6 am blocked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance