Will our Note 9 value for sell, trade in tank like the s10 too?

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't get why people are so focused on the newer phones. There's nothing wrong with my Note 9 therefore I will not be upgrading. No surprise that the sales for the S10 are low - these phones are getting ridiculously expensive. Not many people have the money to keep upgrading phones even with these financial installments.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I don't get why people are so focused on the newer phones. There's nothing wrong with my Note 9 therefore I will not be upgrading. No surprise that the sales for the S10 are low - these phones are getting ridiculously expensive. Not many people have the money to keep upgrading phones even with these financial installments.
Good point ..

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I just saw this.

How will this affect our resale value of the Note 9 and the trade in values when the Note 10 comes out in late August?

Is anyone shocked by the S10? It seems the S10 didn't live up to the hype.

This is pretty brutal though.

https://www.cnet.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s10-depreciated-by-50-in-30-days/
Well first, I would think that if the Note 10 tanks like the S10+ (supposedly) did, our Note 9's should hold value if not appreciate in value due to the new model's failure!

If the Note 10 succeeds, the depreciation shouldn't be any different than any other Model upgrade would.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The Note 9 has @already dropped in value because it's selling for less in the used market than when I bought the S10+. Very doubtful anything will go back up. Androids in general are not holding value. The market is saturated and the general public keep their phones 2 to 3 years and only change out when they begin to fail.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The Note 9 has @already dropped in value because it's selling for less in the used market than when I bought the S10+. Very doubtful anything will go back up. Androids in general are not holding value. The market is saturated and the general public keep their phones 2 to 3 years and only change out when they begin to fail.

True I see that pattern

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well first, I would think that if the Note 10 tanks like the S10+ (supposedly) did, our Note 9's should hold value if not appreciate in value due to the new model's failure!

If the Note 10 succeeds, the depreciation shouldn't be any different than any other Model upgrade would.

I agree Jim..

gyounk

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
Yea. All Samsung phones value tanks very quick. My first introduction to this was with the Note8.

This is why I am in sprint's galaxy forever program. After 18-24 months I can trade my note9 (I am under the payment plan for $20 a month) towards a new one. So if i do that i will wait until the note10 is 52% off too. If not, then I will keep the note9 and end up paying $480 for 2 years and own it outright.

Then I can expect to get $300-$350 trade In value.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The only way to avoid resell value tanking before release of the Note10 is to sell now or already have it sold by now. The problem is...now you don't have a phone for 2 months. It's the way it goes. Just accept it.
You can also wait a month or two after the Note10 is released and get it on sale and make back your money you lose on the Note9 sale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech