I've been experiencing a severe reduction in my screen touch sensitivity. Just before and worsafter installing the May security patch. Did a routine clearing of the cache after installing the patch. Had an improvement for less than 20 minutes. Repeated the process and saw no change since then. I got the patch ota in early June. Exynos version SM-N960F. It's really irritating especially when using the keyboard. Touch sensitivity had been activated in SETTINGS immediately I set up the phone. Touch duration is on 0.1 seconds. Any suggestions ?
    06-15-2019 07:19 PM
    I've been experiencing a severe reduction in my screen touch sensitivity. Just before and worsafter installing the May security patch. Did a routine clearing of the cache after installing the patch. Had an improvement for less than 20 minutes. Repeated the process and saw no change since then. I got the patch ota in early June. Exynos version SM-N960F. It's really irritating especially when using the keyboard. Touch sensitivity had been activated in SETTINGS immediately I set up the phone. Touch duration is on 0.1 seconds. Any suggestions ?
    Tell me a little bit about what's on your phone ?
    Do you use a launcher?
    Any application you download like good lock?
    Do you use developer settings?
    Any recent apps maybe you download?
    06-15-2019 07:30 PM
    Tell me a little bit about what's on your phone ?
    Do you use a launcher?
    Any application you download like good lock?
    Do you use developer settings?
    Any recent apps maybe you download?
    For the first time in years I've been using the stock launcher. Good Lock isn't available in my country. I've activated developer options but only reduced the animation, transition and animator scales. Only recent apps are Amazon, Audible and Scribd. Even went into diagnostic and service modes. Didn't see anything wrong. Trying to avoid a factory reset. Also yesterday temporarily downloaded some "phone doctor" apps from Google Play store to tell me the problem but nada.
    06-16-2019 05:58 AM
    For the first time in years I've been using the stock launcher. Good Lock isn't available in my country. I've activated developer options but only reduced the animation, transition and animator scales. Only recent apps are Amazon, Audible and Scribd. Even went into diagnostic and service modes. Didn't see anything wrong. Trying to avoid a factory reset. Also yesterday temporarily downloaded some "phone doctor" apps from Google Play store to tell me the problem but nada.
    Ok , thanks for information, diagnostic mode do you mean safe mode ?
    06-16-2019 08:00 AM
    Sorry. I meant hardware diagnostic test. One types I *#0*#. I've also checked safe mode.
    06-16-2019 09:45 AM
    Sorry. I meant hardware diagnostic test. One types I *#0*#. I've also checked safe mode.
    In the dialer code *#0 touch is ok , and safe mode it's ok ?
    06-16-2019 10:56 AM
    I would for now turn developer mode off , this will reset anything you did activated by accident, and double check anything maybe you touch in accessibility .
    06-16-2019 11:14 AM
    I'd checked Accessibility earlier on. I've switched off Developer options. I'll give feedback subsequently. Thanks for all the help given.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    06-16-2019 12:59 PM
    I'd checked Accessibility earlier on. I've switched off Developer options. I'll give feedback subsequently. Thanks for all the help given.
    Your welcome, will figure this out don't worry.keep me updated , and tag my name so I get the notification .
    06-16-2019 01:03 PM
    Still no change. I've decided to just increase my pressure when tapping the screen. Manageable with my S Pen but very annoying with a finger. Fortunately I use the S Pen a lot.
    06-18-2019 05:14 AM
    The note 7 and now note 9 both require much firmer tap than other phones like HTC or LG. I have sensitivity maxed too. I often have to tap options twice
    Keyboard sensitivity is fine. It is choosing options of one kind or another in apps that sucks.
    07-14-2019 10:18 PM
    I was thinking about this the other day , it could be the screen protector your using.
    07-14-2019 10:20 PM
    I was thinking about this the other day , it could be the screen protector your using.
    I've NEVER used a screen protector. I really dislike them.
    07-15-2019 01:51 AM
    I've NEVER used a screen protector. I really dislike them.
    I agree , but I have to for work .
    07-15-2019 08:00 AM
    It was the same before the protector. So was the Note 7. Note 3 was fine.
    07-25-2019 06:56 PM
    Oh wow
    It was the same before the protector. So was the Note 7. Note 3 was fine.
    07-25-2019 07:19 PM