Not happy with Note 10 rumors, should I just get another Note 9, just in case?

RedMage36

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
So I know that the Note 10 is coming and there will be no LED light(which I love btw), possibly no headset jack and there will be a camera on the screen which I am NOT a fan of. So already I am not feeling this phone and it hasn't even come out yet.

I really do like the Samsung Eco system and I love their phones. I thought about collecting them and getting a S7 for old times sake and a Note 8, but im nervous about using Swappa because I have already seen some phones in "Mint" condition that had scratches on them.

Anyway, I have the chance to go pick up a brand new note 9 from the tmobile store down the street, what do you guys think? Should I do that, or try to get something cheaper from Swappa and give them a chance?

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm waiting for confirmation before committing to the Note 10, the Note 9 is running great and I'm not quite sure theres enough in the rumours so far to sway me.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I agree here just waiting until we get closer to the phone launch date , we know pretty much what design it will most likely use and specs just want know any different in pen functionality .

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
The Note 9 is a great phone! I've loved using it every minute. It will be much cheaper than the Note 10 (as most older Samsung phones are).
Why aren't you liking front-facing camera? Not a fan of a top/center single punch hole camera? I can live without the headphone jack (but prefer that option) & certainly glad that the Bixby button might be removed.

Last edited:

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
The Note 9 is a great phone! I've loved using it every minute. It will be much cheaper than the Note 10 (as most older Samsung phones are).
Why aren't you liking front-facing camera? Not a fan of a top/center single punch hole camera? I can live without the headphone jack (but prefer that option) & certainly glad that the Bixby button might be removed.

Front facing cameras only have value to a certain type of person. Unless they continue to use the iris scanner, then the hole punch is the equivalent of damaged pixels.

Ditching the led light is also a pain. AOD isn't comparable and edge lighting is too short to be useful.

As for the headphone jack, I like having a backup option in case my wireless headphones die and that ridiculous cable solution has always been one of the dumbest things I have ever seen on a phone before.

ch5220

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I'll never get another phone without a headphone jack, so I guess I'll be keeping my Note 9 for a while.

We used to have two Moto Z Forces in our family that didn't have headphone jacks, and we were always losing the little adapters. And we couldn't just leave them attached to the headphones at all times since some the family phones didn't need adapters and with kids swapping headphones the adapters were always getting lost. Can't stand bluetooth headphones either since I hate having yet another thing to keep charged all the time, also a pain to keep charged when traveling and using headphones for long periods at a time.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I've had a few issues with my note 9. However I've purchased all previous Note series in the past. I will keep my note 9 and still get the note 10 pro even if there's no headphone jack.

My wife has an S10 plus and loves it. No issues at all. This would be a first. She's done upgrading for a couple of years. Then again her job has her toting around an iPhone XS but she hates that phone. So I'll save some money I guess there.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
well I will surely get the Note 10 pro once launched in my country but after a month I guess after launch coz price drops happens and they launch better cash back on older Samsung phones...if get good value will trade in my Note 9 for Note 10 pro.... using Samsung buds and lg tone active plus with note 9....yes at times u will miss the headfone Jack but if I have note 10 pro u can wirelessly charger your buds which is great and soooooo happy to see Samsung bring back ir blaster with Note 10 pro

athomas917

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm keeping my 9 until at least Android R which this phone won't get due to Androids two major update rule. Even then, I'm waiting for 5G to be the standard and not just exclusive to a few cities.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
When Verizon came out with its very first 4G smartphone, the HTC Thunderbolt, I purchased the phone on day one and was the first customer in line. Boy was that a mistake!!! Battery life was wretched and the phone would die in a few short hours of 4G usage. I vow not to be a guinea pig again with the first generation 5G phones!

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
When Verizon came out with its very first 4G smartphone, the HTC Thunderbolt, I purchased the phone on day one and was the first customer in line. Boy was that a mistake!!! Battery life was wretched and the phone would die in a few short hours of 4G usage. I vow not to be a guinea pig again with the first generation 5G phones!

5G infrastructure is not widely in place and coverage is poor. Would be a serious battery drain unless your right next to a tower. I'll most likely get a 4G Note 10 Pro in November. I'll be keeping my Note 9 until November 2020.

bryantj3303

Mar 19, 2018
Visit site
I've been thinking about doing the same thing. I like what the Note 9 has to offer, but am holding out to see what actually comes to fruition on the Note 10, plus also see what the competition rolls out this fall. My only concern is that for a phone that packs that much power, it should get OS updates beyond Android Q.

mike104393

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Only thing I am really disappointed with the Note 10 rumours so far is the smaller battery. I prefer having a phone that last longer than a phone that looks better. More importantly, the Note 9 is still a beast. Not sure if I'm willing to spent an additional 600+ for such an incremental upgrade; unless, if there happen to an amazing deal that I can't give up.

At this point, these are all rumours, I'm not really a fan of the onscreen fingerprint scanner at the moment. I briefly got the s10+ and the lag and precision needed to use the onscreen fingerprint scanner really frustrated me. I hope it will get resolved once the s11 comes out.

Either way, I'm patiently waiting for the device to come out. I'm sure Samsung will give crazy incentive as they always do to lure Note 9 owners to upgrade.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Only thing I am really disappointed with the Note 10 rumours so far is the smaller battery. I prefer having a phone that last longer than a phone that looks better. More importantly, the Note 9 is still a beast. Not sure if I'm willing to spent an additional 600+ for such an incremental upgrade; unless, if there happen to an amazing deal that I can't give up.

At this point, these are all rumours, I'm not really a fan of the onscreen fingerprint scanner at the moment. I briefly got the s10+ and the lag and precision needed to use the onscreen fingerprint scanner really frustrated me. I hope it will get resolved once the s11 comes out.

Either way, I'm patiently waiting for the device to come out. I'm sure Samsung will give crazy incentive as they always do to lure Note 9 owners to upgrade.

Smaller battery? The Note 9 has a 4000 mAh battery whereas the Note 10 is rumoured to come with 4170 mAh. ( Unless you're referring to the Galaxy S10 Plus 5G). I agree about the indwelling finger print reader. If it doesn't work well I won't use it. Samsung, nowadays, would have to massively f**k up for me to consider buying anything apart from the year's Galaxy Note.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
well I will surely get the Note 10 pro once launched in my country but after a month I guess after launch coz price drops happens and they launch better cash back on older Samsung phones...if get good value will trade in my Note 9 for Note 10 pro.... using Samsung buds and lg tone active plus with note 9....yes at times u will miss the headfone Jack but if I have note 10 pro u can wirelessly charger your buds which is great and soooooo happy to see Samsung bring back ir blaster with Note 10 pro

I haven't kept up with rumors a lot lately but the Pro will have the IR blaster????

I'm so getting this phone!!!

I have one concern about the pro. Case selection. Will it be like the S10 5g with basically a non existent case lineup? If so that's a deal breaker. I'm not carrying around a 1200 device with no protection or only junk cases to choose from.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm sure Samsung will give crazy incentive as they always do to lure Note 9 owners to upgrade.

Yeah right!
We had nothing last year on the pre order for the Note 9, I was on the cusp on upgrading or not as I really liked the previous Note 8 (Which came with the Samsung DeX Dock) but I pre ordered and I was slightly miffed at what you guys were getting across the pond, which at least was a pair of AKG Headphones, so this will also play a big part this time for me.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Yip. Almost no chance of a pre order gift here again.
And one of the most expensive rrps worldwide.

Give them away like sweaties elsewhere.
Yeah right!
We had nothing last year on the pre order for the Note 9, I was on the cusp on upgrading or not as I really liked the previous Note 8 (Which came with the Samsung DeX Dock) but I pre ordered and I was slightly miffed at what you guys were getting across the pond, which at least was a pair of AKG Headphones, so this will also play a big part this time for me.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Smaller battery? The Note 9 has a 4000 mAh battery whereas the Note 10 is rumoured to come with 4170 mAh. ( Unless you're referring to the Galaxy S10 Plus 5G). I agree about the indwelling finger print reader. If it doesn't work well I won't use it. Samsung, nowadays, would have to massively f**k up for me to consider buying anything apart from the year's Galaxy Note.
From what I've seen, thought the note 10 was going to have 3300 MAH, the note 10 pro was going to have 4500. These are ballpark numbers, just around there.

That's what pushes me to the pro, 3300 MAH is just to small. That's if I even do a upgrade. Pretty happy with the S10+.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969