WiFi calling VZW

Rhyalus

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
On my unlocked Note 9, WiFi calling now works. I have no idea when it became available, but the setting is now there where it wasn’t before.

I have tested it and it works fine.

Anyone else?

R

Rhyalus

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Verizon never had it?

This is an unlocked phone bought from Best Buy. I had the phone since it was released... no WiFi calling or advanced visual voice mail.

I know for sure WiFi calling was not available.

I did just change my plan, however, so this could have reactivated something.

R

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This is an unlocked phone bought from Best Buy. I had the phone since it was released... no WiFi calling or advanced visual voice mail.

I know for sure WiFi calling was not available.

I did just change my plan, however, so this could have reactivated something.

R

Possibly might have , I thought your on the Verizon firmware , but it's good to know that unlocked has it also.

SGN9_2019

Apr 6, 2019
Visit site
I'm also on unlocked phone using Verizon sim. WiFi calling is now working after May security update. I didn't change plans so I believe it was part of the update. Also the selfie camera now has a toggle for standard and slightly wider angle after the update.

Rhyalus

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm also on unlocked phone using Verizon sim. WiFi calling is now working after May security update. I didn't change plans so I believe it was part of the update. Also the selfie camera now has a toggle for standard and slightly wider angle after the update.

Yes, and you can see that wide selfie option under camera settings as well.

Amazing that the security patch adds stuff like this. So much for release notes.

No night vision mode, btw.

R