SM-N960U Can a Verizon Note 9 be used on At&t network thru straight talk

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I've searched and haven't found an answer. I have a Note 9 originally thru Verizon. We switched to Straight talk and I'm currently using a Verizon(straight talk) sim. The signal isn't great and I'm unable to send MMS messages.
I put an active At&T sim card from my friend's phone into my phone and it changed the boot load to an At&t logo and added all of their bloatware. Everything worked as it should.

Straight talk is telling me my phone might not work correctly with an at&t sim in it because it's not originally an at&t phone.
Can anyone verify this for me? From what I've found my note 9 supports all of the bands and frequencies required.
Any help is greatly appreciated!!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've searched and haven't found an answer. I have a Note 9 originally thru Verizon. We switched to Straight talk and I'm currently using a Verizon(straight talk) sim. The signal isn't great and I'm unable to send MMS messages.
I put an active At&T sim card from my friend's phone into my phone and it changed the boot load to an At&t logo and added all of their bloatware. Everything worked as it should.

Straight talk is telling me my phone might not work correctly with an at&t sim in it because it's not originally an at&t phone.
Can anyone verify this for me? From what I've found my note 9 supports all of the bands and frequencies required.
Any help is greatly appreciated!!

When you swapped the sim for Att sim and it changed the splash screen, this tells me your phone is unlocked for any carrier. Now you shouldn't have any issues with any other carrier sim as it supports all them .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2