VZW May Update

russ351

Jun 15, 2017
Visit site
Just got the Verizon May update yesterday. Now all of the sudden my camera is blurry. Auto, pro, zoom. All settings except selfie camera.
Restarted phone. Did not do a factory reset. Worked fine the day before update. Not happy.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: Note 9 camera blurry

Just got the Verizon May update yesterday. Now all of the sudden my camera is blurry. Auto, pro, zoom. All settings except selfie camera.

Restarted phone. Did not do a factory reset. Worked fine the day before update. Not happy.
Can try few things , first long press the camera icon >tap info>clear data,cache,force stop and see if this corrects it.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Is it the May or June update?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Samsung released an update labeled May - in June. Typical of them - they seem to wait a few months, then combine all the changes and issue a single update covering them all. There's no real correspondence between the time the update comes out and the date the update shows once it's installed. So both threads are about the update labeled May and sent out in June.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Samsung released an update labeled May - in June. Typical of them - they seem to wait a few months, then combine all the changes and issue a single update covering them all. There's no real correspondence between the time the update comes out and the date the update shows once it's installed. So both threads are about the update labeled May and sent out in June.
I think there's some confusion here as I received 2 updates in May labeled May. I have not received anything in June on Verizon.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I think that would indicate some confusion - on Samsung's part. Google doesn't release updates more than once a month. They couldn't just combine their patches with Google's patches? Everyone else does.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I think that would indicate some confusion - on Samsung's part. Google doesn't release updates more than once a month. They couldn't just combine their patches with Google's patches? Everyone else does.
I meant confusion for those receiving something in June

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
And labeled May. Both threads are referring to the update labeled May, so the question is are they both referring to the same update? Are they both the same date in May? If so, Samsung threads about updates may need the month and day.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
And labeled May. Both threads are referring to the update labeled May, so the question is are they both referring to the same update? Are they both the same date in May? If so, Samsung threads about updates may need the month and day.
No they aren't they same updateScreenshot_20190622-143045_System updates UI.jpeg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I think you guys are getting confused

The update May came in June, so Samsung /carrier put out may security patch plus if any enhancements with it .

Mike you got 2
1. is may security patch
2. Was probably something Verizon push out

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Security patches come from Google, so the second one may have come from Samsung. Or not. Between Samsung and the carriers, we need a phone just to keep track of the updates.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Security patches come from Google, so the second one may have come from Samsung. Or not. Between Samsung and the carriers, we need a phone just to keep track of the updates.
Hahaha true
Yes security comes from Google >Samsung >carriers