Bought a used 512gb Note 9 off craigslist

ray_tracer

Jul 3, 2019
Visit site
I had to get a newer phone because some apps stopped working on my Galaxy S4. Really wanted a new Note 9 but prices were beyond what I wanted to pay.

Looked at prices for used phones on craigslist. Found one wanting $450 for a 512gb unlocked Note 9. I offered him $400 and he accepted.

This phone is amazing! Coming from an S4, it's a huge upgrade. I thought at the time the 5 inch screen was tad bit too large, and now using the Note 9, my old phone seems so tiny. lol.

The S-pen is the reason I wanted the Note 9 (among other reasons). Admittedly I don't use it all that often, but the times I do use it, I'm so happy I have it.

512gb storage, I can't imagine I'll ever come close to using all of it.

Fingerprint unlock rarely works, sadly. Maybe I didn't set it up right.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I had to get a newer phone because some apps stopped working on my Galaxy S4. Really wanted a new Note 9 but prices were beyond what I wanted to pay.

Looked at prices for used phones on craigslist. Found one wanting $450 for a 512gb unlocked Note 9. I offered him $400 and he accepted.

This phone is amazing! Coming from an S4, it's a huge upgrade. I thought at the time the 5 inch screen was tad bit too large, and now using the Note 9, my old phone seems so tiny. lol.

The S-pen is the reason I wanted the Note 9 (among other reasons). Admittedly I don't use it all that often, but the times I do use it, I'm so happy I have it.

Yeah, register that fingerprint more than once. Might help. Or, I don't know if you factory reset, but that might help as well.

Congrats on the Note 9. I'm sure it's a huge upgrade coming from the S4.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Congrats on the Note 9, love mine great phone . Good price for the bigger storage and 8gb ram

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Don't follow the instructions of swiping your finger across the scanner. Press to scan, then lift and let it scan a different area of the finger.

ray_tracer

Jul 3, 2019
Visit site
Don't follow the instructions of swiping your finger across the scanner. Press to scan, then lift and let it scan a different area of the finger.

Holy crap, it's working now, every time! I had given up on this fingerprint to unlock feature. Thank you so much!!

Yeah, register that fingerprint more than once. Might help. Or, I don't know if you factory reset, but that might help as well.

Congrats on the Note 9. I'm sure it's a huge upgrade coming from the S4.

Thanks. I had previously done all of that with not much luck. Thankfully after following chanchan's tip, it's working now. Yup, huge upgrade. There's still a ton of features I haven't even begun to use yet.

Congrats on the Note 9, love mine great phone . Good price for the bigger storage and 8gb ram

Thanks. Agreed, great phone.

Congrats on the new phone!! I love my Note 9... great choice!!!

Thanks. Love mine too. When the time comes to get my next phone, it surely will be a Note.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

That's a smoking deal on the big one!
Maybe too good, but I guess since you got it activated, it's not hot, or at least the owner doesn't yet know it's gone. ;-)

Try cleaning the fingerprint sensor with alcohol. Actually, the entire phone, if you haven't already.

ray_tracer

Jul 3, 2019
Visit site
That's a smoking deal on the big one!
Maybe too good, but I guess since you got it activated, it's not hot, or at least the owner doesn't yet know it's gone. ;-)

Try cleaning the fingerprint sensor with alcohol. Actually, the entire phone, if you haven't already.

The seller agreed to meet up at a Tmobile store. The phone was checked to see if everything was ok, it was and then I handed him the cash.

I was really nervous about buying a used phone, but thankfully the phone is in good shape. The fingerprint scanner was the only issue I had, but chanchan's comment above solved that issue.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Holy crap, it's working now, every time! I had given up on this fingerprint to unlock feature. Thank you so much!!

Lol yeah. The idea behind swiping was to let the scanner scan your entire fingerprint in one movement. The problem with that is sometimes people swipe too slow or too fast than what the scanner reads.

I don't really get why they changed the instructions. Maybe to highlight how faster the scanner is. The instructions I gave you is how they used to give on the S7 Edge. Lol.