We might have the last Note phone. Oh No!!!

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
"in response to the increasing call from the public to halt"

Who in the world is the alleged "public"??

Sure the hell isn't me! Rumors started last year about killing the note line. If it's true Samsung just made some BS up to save face.

I can believe it though. You now have 3 s10 versions. Well 4 including the 5g.

I really dont want to buy an s10 plus :(

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I don't care if they keep the battery same size as last year. I would still buy the Note 10! I charge every night while I sleep anyway!

Talks about battery size and maybe they're freaked about what happened with the Note 7.

Again the public saying to cancel it. BS. hardly anyone talks about the Note 10 on the internet right now.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, having already previously owned the Note 2, 3, and 4 phones, I have mixed feelings about this rumor. On the one hand, it's rather cool to scribble stuff sometimes. But I noticed that as time goes by, pulling out the stylus becomes less so, at least for me. It was so cool to write on the screen the first time with my now ancient Note 2 phone, if nothing more than to show off to my iPhoney friends. But that was then, now is now.

I recently bought a new Lenovo L380 Yoga Thinkpad laptop with a touchscreen and stylus pen for writing. Yeah, I dabbled with the cool stylus pen that is garaged inside the laptop. Even installed and played with a few different "Paint" apps. But after a few days, the stylus pen is now getting lonely inside its housing port. I do tons of screenshots on my phone, but not much writing with the pen.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site

1. That website has been calling the cancellation of the Note line since the Note 5. Moving on.
2. IceUniverse tweeted that "I learned through Samsung engineers that SPen's presence has made Galaxy Note cut 800mAh batteries, unable to use aggressive cameras, and can't use a narrower Bezel design." He didn't say they reduced the old battery size by 800mah. That's stupid considering the old battery size already existed WITH an S Pen. It's not like the S Pen got bigger and fatter by that much. Considering as well that the Note 10 is supposed to be the same size as the Note 9, there's no reason for the battery to be reduced. Not to mention that if they did ditch the headphone jack, they have more space.
3. The Note 9, despite being bigger, has a smaller battery than the S10+. The Note 9 has a blockier design than the S9+. The Notes since it was created, has always just reused the cameras of the S series. Basically everything IceUniverse has said applies to the Note series in general, not just the Note 10.
4. Fun fact, a Note 9 with 80% battery still has bigger capacity than an iPhone XS Max. So why does it matter if iPhone decides to increase their battery size? Samsung will just say, "Oh, hi. You're late to the over 3500mah club." With Huawei and 1+ laughing in the background.
5. Also, no company is stupid that it will cancel the release of a product that is already being mass produced. They usually start mass production 3mos before release (S10 started January). That means they already have several thousand units lying around. What are they going to do with those if they cancel? I mean even the old Note 7 units, they recycled with new batteries and relaunched as the Note FE. Seriously do you think Samsung will waste the millions they spent on the Note 10?

"in response to the increasing call from the public to halt"

Who in the world is the alleged "public"??

Apple probably.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Remember when the original Samsung "Note" came out? There wasn't a number attached to it, such as "1". Nobody cared for it. Guessing it was too advanced for its time, plus too large. I got on board with the Note 2 and it took off from there. I miss the removable rear lid with the interchangeable battery.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Ignore. This is just another garbage article. Don't give it the views. Sadly this type of stuff passes as journalism these days.

note1note9

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
I had the original note, and I remember I liked everything about it except the incredibly slow camera compared to my previous iPhone 3gs, and the screen latency.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
a Note 9 with 80% battery still has bigger capacity than an iPhone XS Max.
Comparing apples to elephants. iPhones run machine code apps (written in some dialect of C since the beginning), Androids run a Java interpreter (Dalvik) to run Java apps - that takes more battery.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Comparing apples to elephants. iPhones run machine code apps (written in some dialect of C since the beginning), Androids run a Java interpreter (Dalvik) to run Java apps - that takes more battery.
It's what the article was talking about. That Note was cutting 20% off from their battery 800mah. It doesn't matter if it takes more battery to run Android when the context of the article is in pure number of mah.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I thought ART replaced Dalvik?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae