Samsung Flow

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Anybody use Flow with their Windows 10 laptop? Is it good for opening laptop using phone fingerprint sensor? Any better transfering files than Bluetooth which takes forever with photos. Any other cool uses you have tried?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Since my laptop lacks fp sensor all I really care about is the ability to transfer files and open laptop using phone fp sensor.

Thanks! Note 9 does so many things I will never learn half of them.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm still trying to get Samsung flow to work with my windows 10 PC period. I can't transfer files with Bluetooth or wifi from my computer to my phone or vice versa. I'll check out the video posted later. Maybe Im just doing it wrong.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Been using Flow for a while. No it doesn't have support for using the fingerprint on the phone. At least not that I can find. It does send a prompt for you to unlock the Windows machine. Just press okay. The catch is that Windows won't run Flow at startup, so this only works if you had Flow opened prior, like after a hibernate.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Bluetooth works even without flow but it is too slow. I didn't know you could transfer files by wifi but of course that's no use at work.
Been using Flow for a while. No it doesn't have support for using the fingerprint on the phone. At least not that I can find. It does send a prompt for you to unlock the Windows machine. Just press okay. The catch is that Windows won't run Flow at startup, so this only works if you had Flow opened prior, like after a hibernate.
I'm still trying to get Samsung flow to work with my windows 10 PC period. I can't transfer files with Bluetooth or wifi from my computer to my phone or vice versa. I'll check out the video posted later. Maybe Im just doing it wrong.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Ah thanks
That makes it useless for my purposes. What functions do you find useful?
Yeah the problem is Flow is a UWP app. So I can't find a way yet to have it forced turn on at startup since it doesn't showup in the startup menu for me.

It's probably directed at those people who never actually turn off their computers.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Even in startup I bet it might not start until password is entered. A lot of my software is in startup so it takes a long time AFTER i log in before I can use the laptop.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2